Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sunnykobe: Not impressed

Overall Member Rating

Not impressed

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Just returning from a cruise with NCL on the breakaway to Bermuda. I have cruise with many other cruise lines in the past, most recently Celebrity Cruises. I was extremely disappointed in this cruise. Mainly the service, the food and second hand smoke EVERYWHERE. Smoking is allowed in most outdoor areas including balconies, and the casino is in the center of the ship enclosing the main Atrium, so if you're in a restaurant or bar close to the atrium area any floor, there is smoke everywhere.

You have choices of restaurants but same menus, which seldom change and the food offering is bland and mediocre. Service is overall awful, nobody asks if your meal is fine, if you'd like another wine if you got one with your meal in the first place. First night I had my wine by the time my dessert came. I'd visit bars to have wine with my meal. May get a second by dessert. I am use to staff being very friendly but not on this ship actually rude at times. Everyone I spoke with felt the More same.

Our cabin was much smaller than a usual balcony and the balcony was half the width of Celebrity ships. Hallways are narrow. I didn't let this ruin my vacation just learn to freestyle it all myself! Surprised we didn't have to take turns pilot the ship. If you are use to smoke-free balconies, great food and feeling pampered by friendly staff pick another cruise line. Less

Published 05/25/14

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Cabin review:

cabin overall smaller than usual, only a chair on balcony, cannot recline balcony too small.

sunnykobe
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X