Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by et21: Not up to scratch compared to other ships

et21
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Middle East Cruises

Not up to scratch compared to other ships

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Hong Kong

I travelled on a cruise from Hong Kong to Dubai as this was on the Queen Mary2 I was expecting and outstanding voyage .The trips ashore booked via cunard were faultless every country was different and enjoyable. The only let down on this holiday was the ship. too many formal nights 6 in 3 weeks and the staff appeared to be either lazy or undertrained when it came to service especially in the self service area as they appeared to be only table clearers which were not good when tables were left dirty for sometimes 30 minutes and the passangers were walking around holding trays of food with nowhere to sit. We avoided this and went into the dining room as much as possible. this was much better but having been given second sitting 8.30pm each night we all had to wait outside in the corridor while they got ready from sitting one(6.00)pm surely this could have been avoided.

I must praise the shows put on each evening as they were brilliant especially the dancers and singers. Also More the lectures were very entertaining so this ship did manage to get somethings right.

having said all this I would not sail on her again as the other ships I use are much better. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>