Maasdam Cruise Review by jasart: Another great cruise

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Maasdam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Another great cruise

Sail Date: April 2014

Another great cruise. The April 21 2014 Eastern Caribbean cruise was my 13th Holland cruise. My wife and I were on the Massdam back in Dec 2012 in cabin 368 which is one of the Lanai cabins. We loved it so much we booked it again.

Two new islands for us were Antigua and Tortola. Although I had been to Dominica many years ago, this was a first time visit for my wife. We took an excursion in Dominica and really enjoyed it. All the other ports we just did our own thing in town.

The last few cruises has made us realize that what we really enjoy about cruising is the Ships.

On the last several cruises most of our meals were up on the Lido. This year we ate our evening meals in the MDR. In the past, meals in the MDR were just so so. Like wise with the service. This year however the food and service were both very very good.

In the past entertainment on most of the ships was fair to great. This year it was just ok. Feel short on the big production shows. More The special guest entertainers they had were really good.We really enjoyed Tony Pace. Best way to describe his show would be '"Pure Entertainer"!

I have to say that the people that really make our cruises really great are the Ft. Desk folks. If it wasn't for their efforts, situations in the past that could have had a negative impact on the cruise turn out to not be as bad as they could have. We had a leak from the AC unit towards the end of the cruise. Offered to move us but we wanted to stay in the Lanai cabin. We had to put up with a floor dryer for a day - so what did HAL do? Gave us a very GENEROUS shipboard credit!

We really love cruising and the smaller ships of Holland American Line. You might say we are hooked on HAL. Less

Read more Maasdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Maasdam Review >>

Cabin review: Maasdam 368

Love being able to step out of our cabin on to the lower promenade and the reserved deck chairs.