Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by AnitaJane&RB

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by AnitaJane&RB
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: AnitaJane&RB
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Very Disappointed

Everything SOCIOCATS, wrote about this cruise was true, so I won't repeat except to say that Service and quality was way down. When I requested the stronger powered hair dryer, which I always received on prior cruises, I was told they were not provided on this ship. When I asked to exchange the complimentary bottle of champagne for wine given to all Aqua class passengers I was told Blu is no longer doing that. Speaking of Blu, although our waiter was excellent it still took the better part of two hours for dinner. It was obvious that they were short of help. In fact we never made it to the start of a show. And I won't even go into the Trivia fiasco!! What was Celebrity thinking ??? I was lucky to get a hot bed in the Persian Gardens, but some were not. We disembarked in Naples which went smoothly. I wish I could say the same about embarkation. I needed a wheelchair to get onboard and it took over 15 minutes to find one for me. There appeared to be no direction between the employees and for sure no leadership. The Aqua class rooms are great so no complaints there. Our cabin steward was new to Celebrity but he aimed to please and did a good job. We are doing the TA from London in November on the Eclipse and it will be interesting to see if the Silhouette cruise was just a fluke or if the service and quality continues to fall. If it does, Celebrity is going to lose a lot of its dedicated passengers.

Publication Date: 05/25/14