Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Monique1111: RC, you are not what you used to be

Monique1111
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

RC, you are not what you used to be

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

This is the first cruise I have taken in close to 15 years; when I was younger, I had sailed on RC and was impressed. The boat size was good - allowed you to get to know a lot of the guests. The ports were great, but we didn't make it to Helsinki due to high winds, which of course was upsetting, but apparently unavoidable.

As for the food, mediocre at best. The best part of the meal was usually the dessert. They only provided water for free at dinner - I expect to be charged for alcoholic beverages, but soda pop?? For breakfast, the orange juice was literally orange water - zero taste. They had freshly squeezed orange juice available, but at a price. The first night, I ordered seafood pasta and found maybe 6-7 tiny chunks of seafood; my clam chowder had one clam.

As for the room - we had a balcony suite with no real storage space -- you could hang some clothes, but there was a safe jutting out against the wall, so this didn't help matters. There was a lower hanging More area, but that was mainly for shirts, so we couldn't hang our dresses. There was absolutely NO drawers except for three tiny drawers to store your undergarments, socks, etc. We received one bar of soap the entire time we were there for our shower and sink - no body wash, no gel, no robes, etc. With the sink, the water pressure was so low, you couldn't get the soap off of your hands.

With the staff, I found it somewhat degrading the way they seemed to be constantly "performing", with unnatural permanent smiles on their faces. During the week we were there, the cooks and wait staff were paraded around the dining room to music on two separate occasions - they were expected to dance, clap and smile away like moronic idiots - I found it actually uncomfortable to watch. Is this what a reputable company expects their staff to do, perform like circus animals? Even the cruise director would dance, perform and sing!!! It was like being in the twilight zone.

I was told Royal Caribbean was bought by Carnival a few years ago, and it shows - the RC name has really been degraded and I would never again go on a cruise offered by them. Less

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>