Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by JandSComboCruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by JandSComboCruise
Norwegian Sky
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
First Cruise....amazing experience....we will be back

Having never cruised before we decided that a short 4 night cruise round the Bahamas would be a good introduction for us. Lets just start by saying that now we are home, we are already looking at booking another for next year.

Having read some of the other reviews regarding Norwegian Sky I cannot disagree more and cannot relate their experiences to ours.

Embarkation was a breeze! We deposited our luggage with the porters and proceeded to check in. There was no queue at check in and we were swiftly through to the departure area. i am not sure if this is because we were so early but we arrived at approx 11.30am. We waited about 15 minutes tops in the departure area before boarding. Again, an easy experience. On arriving I spotted the spa desk and immediately booked my pedicure for the following morning.

We set off to explore and found the poolside bar where we enjoyed a cold refreshment....the first of a number onboard. We continued to explore when we heard that our cabin was ready, this was around 2pm and much earlier than the quoted 4pm.

The cabin while small was adequately appointed with suitable storage as required. The only critique I have is that if you are used to hotel toiletries, this doesn't happen....the toiletries are wall mounted dispensers. The balcony was a non-negotiable for me and did not disappoint. It was lovely to sit out there, see the views or even just have the door open to listen to the sound of the water while having a snooze.

All of the facilities onboard that we used didn't disappoint. Each morning we received breakfast in our room which was always spot on and in the time window we requested. We then spent an hour in the gym. The gym was well kitted and the Personal Trainer was very friendly and knowledgable. I also spent some time in the spa having a pedicure which was lovely.

The pool deck has something for everyone, areas of sun and shade and noise and quiet...whatever you need.

I have no negatives regarding the food onboard. In the evening we ate in Crossing and Palace, both of which are the complimentary dining rooms. The food and service was brill. The buffet was as expected of any American Buffet restaurant. Plenty of choice and nice.

The bars and entertainment we experienced were mixed. The outrigger bar was lovely and the Vegas show on the final night was excellent. The comedian however on the first night was not to our liking!

Disembarkation was also a breeze, we chose the easy walk off option and that was easy to do and headed straight for a cab to the airport.

My one and only criticism is regarding our billing. We chose to have our credit card pre-authorised to open the account however wanted to settle the bill with our travel money card. On the final evening while settling the bill we presented the travel money card and explained we did this so as not to have a long term hold on any of the funds. The assistant accountant to settled our bill however processed and authorisation of $192 then a bill 7 minutes later of $191.02. This meant that almost $400 was held on our travel money card and unavailable for our subsequent days in NYC...and is still held 10 days later!!! I have emailed Kevin Sheehan however I am still awaiting a response and the fund freed.

This will be a learning for me for my next cruise with NCL but will not stop me going back!

Publication Date: 05/25/14

Below standards
Awesome!
More Norwegian Sky Reviews
Lost quality
Spring Break 2014! Family, too.
Sad