Black Watch 4

jeanlyon
Member Since 2005
3,915 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This cruise went to Rouen, Amsterdam and Hamburg. In each port we stayed overnight. It was lovely cruising up the Seine to Rouen and also the Elbe into Hamburg. Very interesting and enjoyable. It was our first time on the Black Watch and although there were some things we liked, she really is getting very shabby. There were holes in the teak decks, the varnished rails were in dire need of varnish and the windows throughout the ship were very dirty. As the weather was not very warm, we obviously spent some time inside apart from when we were ashore.

The food was fairly good, but having been on the Balmoral in January, the menus were exactly the same.

At 67 I felt young. the majority of passengers were older than me. although I like the smaller ships, Black Watch felt rather too small for me. Less

Black Watch Cruises to Europe River

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

4060
Cabin was fine, although I don't like the L-shaped configuration and prefer a queen bed. Plenty of hanging space and drawers.

We love amsterdam and we walked to the Station and caught a Hop On Hop Off canal boat around the city. A lovely way to see the wonderful buildings and the waterways. We got off and had lunch and then visited the Anne Frank House which was amazing.

Here we took the Yellow Hop On Hop off bus tour which was excellent value for money and included a guided tour of the Michaelk Church.

the city is great to visit.

Read 47 Hamburg Reviews

Port

Rouen is a beautiful city. We spent an hour on Le Petit Train with excellent commentary and then we visited the Jeanne d'Arc church.

Read 39 Rouen Reviews

Published 05/25/14

Read Cruise Critic's Black Watch Review

Black Watch Cruises to Europe River

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?