Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Real I: Not my best cruise

Not my best cruise

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

For the last several years, my son has hosted a Friends and Family vacation alternating all inclusives with cruises. This May we took the Norwegian Dawn out of Boston for a week long cruise to Bermuda. All I can say is pretty sad boat... It is very old, rusting, with very small cabins. This was not a cheap cruise and despite booking this cruise about 1 year ago , the cost was not reflected in the stateroom.

One of the worse things about this ship is the fact that smoking seems to permitted all over. I paid for a balcony that I barely able to use because people in the next cabin smoked on their balcony. The smoke seemed to drift into my room every time I opened the door. The whole ship seemed to smell smokey. I'm glad that I'm not a big gambler because the casino was the worse...small and smokey all the time. very poorly ventilated.

Another thing that was problematic was the pool area. This is the heart of the ship especially the days at sea. On the Dawn, the pool More area is extremely small with limited seating at poolside. If your not up at 6:00 am to claim your site, forget it. The pool is small with no place to swim. Hated it.

Things that I loved were 1. the people who work on the Dawn were lovely,hard working, friendly always a smile and good morning,Our stateroom steward , Naval, was wonderful and took very good care of us.. Always willing to help. 2.The boat itself is clean, there is a good hand washing program and lots of hand sanitizer readily available. 3. The food was pretty good and we enjoyed a few great dinner in the specialty dining rooms but the main dining room needed a lot of work. Food was slow arriving to our tables, and service was sloppy.

Because we were a large group, getting on the boat was very easy but getting off was a bit of a process. I never find this easy on any cruise and this was the same.

The best part of this cruise was Bermuda. It is a beautiful place with lovely beaches. I would love to go back but not on the Dawn. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>