Carnival Dream Cruise Review by clayb: Carnival Dream was excellent

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Dream was excellent

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

It has been ten years since I cruise on Carnival so I was anxious to see how Carnival has changed over the years. Well, they have; in a good way. They really went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. The food was pretty good and consistent. The only negative I had was that the music was too loud on the pool deck. Way too loud. I’m a musician, I love all kinds of music. I’m in my fifties and I love to have a good time and I can party with the best of them, but I had to scream at my bartender every time I ordered a drink. And it was next to impossible to have a conversation at the pool. The DJ was playing club music at the pool. We weren’t in a club. It was bad enough that there was no band at the pool, but the DJ could have been playing more beach/latin/reggae music. There were times that I was on the Serenity deck (adults only area) and the music could be heard way over there and from my balcony on Spa deck all the way forward.

In regards to the More Category 8S Spa Balcony, I would not choose it again. I knew that there was no cover, but the people leaning on the rail above me on the Serenity deck, were practically ON my balcony. I could hear every word and then some. No privacy at all.

But I would cruise the Dream again in a heartbeat. If I go back, I might ask the DJ nicely to turn it down.

Always love Paradise Beach and Chankanaab. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Spa 12215

In regards to the Category 8S Spa Balcony, I would not choose it again. I knew that there was no cover, but the people leaning on the rail above me on the Serenity deck, were practically ON my balcony. I could hear every word and then some. No privacy at all.