Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by happyduck

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by happyduck
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: happyduck
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Nevertheless a great cruise

The ship is still great but I do feel the quality of food is not what it used to be. Yes the afternoon tidbits are a disgrace- chips and an inedible sauce, but if you have a suite they serve shrimp, sandwiches and cakes and cookies. We were in SKY Suite 2129 and too late were warned that the food carts roll right above you all night- that's true and stay away from that room, Butler and Cabin attendant and assistant were good.

We were a large group and did break up for blu. Those that came at 6:45 got seated- those that came at 7PM waited an hour and then a waiter passed them by for 20 minutes- BYE BYE BLU. we then ate in main dining room select everynight and had a fantastic waiter-Jerry. Since I am not fussy about food, it was OK.

I want to compliment the ships medical facilities. At the first port I fell flat on my nose and without getting gross, required 4 days use of the medical facilities and team, They were fantastic even arranging for me to see a doctor in Sardinia. I can not compliment enough Dr, George and the other Doctor (whose name I do not know) and 3 nurses they have down there. Their care and compassion were evident. I did manage to see amalfi though.

We have been on every Celebrity ship except Azimara and find them to be beautiful floating palaces, and except for a cruel remark made about my nephew by the Cruise Activities Director, found the staff to be be very professional and helpful.

We are booked for the July 24 Iceland Cruise and look forward to it very much,

AND YES, the internet was off most of the time and the ship should have used GOOD WILL in returning the money that some paid for internet they never or hardly got.

Publication Date: 05/25/14