Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by happyduck: Nevertheless a great cruise

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic Cruises

Nevertheless a great cruise

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic

The ship is still great but I do feel the quality of food is not what it used to be. Yes the afternoon tidbits are a disgrace- chips and an inedible sauce, but if you have a suite they serve shrimp, sandwiches and cakes and cookies. We were in SKY Suite 2129 and too late were warned that the food carts roll right above you all night- that's true and stay away from that room, Butler and Cabin attendant and assistant were good.

We were a large group and did break up for blu. Those that came at 6:45 got seated- those that came at 7PM waited an hour and then a waiter passed them by for 20 minutes- BYE BYE BLU. we then ate in main dining room select everynight and had a fantastic waiter-Jerry. Since I am not fussy about food, it was OK.

I want to compliment the ships medical facilities. At the first port I fell flat on my nose and without getting gross, required 4 days use of the medical facilities and team, They were fantastic even arranging for me to see a doctor in More Sardinia. I can not compliment enough Dr, George and the other Doctor (whose name I do not know) and 3 nurses they have down there. Their care and compassion were evident. I did manage to see amalfi though.

We have been on every Celebrity ship except Azimara and find them to be beautiful floating palaces, and except for a cruel remark made about my nephew by the Cruise Activities Director, found the staff to be be very professional and helpful.

We are booked for the July 24 Iceland Cruise and look forward to it very much,

AND YES, the internet was off most of the time and the ship should have used GOOD WILL in returning the money that some paid for internet they never or hardly got. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 2129

considering that one pays more for a suite, the area above should be carpeted to dull the noise