Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Missusdubbya: Radiant Radiance!
Overall Member Rating
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Our first RCI cruise and it was overall pretty excellent.
* Radiance is a beautiful ship, with lovely accommodation and public areas
* Embarkation in Sydney was easy and well organised
* Food in the dining room was excellent.
* Giovanni's, Chops and Izumi were fantastic, Samba Grill not that good.
* Alcoholic cocktails are mostly made from pre-mixed juices - not very good. P&O's hand crafted cocktails are far better.
* Wine choices in the wine & dine package were good, and the wine package was easy to access everywhere
* Bar service at the pool bar was abysmal - we were overcharged, not served in order, and the availability of beers (on the menu) was sporadic.
* Entertainment was ok - the ship's band was particularly poor, so every sail away party was boring. The hypnotist and Tango shows were great.
* The ports of Picton, Wellington, Moorea, Bora Bora, Papeete and Maui were wonderful.
* More The excursion staff and information presentations on the ports were terrible - I knew more from a few guidebooks and tripadvisor
* The dining room staff and our room steward were all wonderful, as were the staff in the Quill & Compass
* the spa staff are unfortunately very focussed on upselling products - not a relaxing way to end your massage (and spa prices were overpriced)
* the disembarkation process was a mess, people everywhere with no signage directions or on-ground staff. The line for the taxi rank was in the hundreds, yet there was limited management of process. Less
Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: 8672
The perfect aft cabin. Spacious, 2 loungers on the deck and quiet
Liked the cruise, not the ship...
Less Than Stellar Experience
Almost and Incredible Cruise!
Fantastic Cruise, if there was...
Just adored Bora Bora
Great cruise; just a few thing...
Excellent service, slightly wo...