Radiant Radiance!: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Missusdubbya
Overall Member Rating
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
* Radiance is a beautiful ship, with lovely accommodation and public areas
* Embarkation in Sydney was easy and well organised
* Food in the dining room was excellent.
* Giovanni's, Chops and Izumi were fantastic, Samba Grill not that good.
* Alcoholic cocktails are mostly made from pre-mixed juices - not very good. P&O's hand crafted cocktails are far better.
* Wine choices in the wine & dine package were good, and the wine package was easy to access everywhere
* Bar service at the pool bar was abysmal - we were overcharged, not served in order, and the availability of beers (on the menu) was sporadic.
* Entertainment was ok - the ship's band was particularly poor, so every sail away party was boring. The hypnotist and Tango shows were great.
* The ports of Picton, Wellington, Moorea, Bora Bora, Papeete and Maui were wonderful.
* More The excursion staff and information presentations on the ports were terrible - I knew more from a few guidebooks and tripadvisor
* The dining room staff and our room steward were all wonderful, as were the staff in the Quill & Compass
* the spa staff are unfortunately very focussed on upselling products - not a relaxing way to end your massage (and spa prices were overpriced)
* the disembarkation process was a mess, people everywhere with no signage directions or on-ground staff. The line for the taxi rank was in the hundreds, yet there was limited management of process. Less
Cabin review: 8672
The perfect aft cabin. Spacious, 2 loungers on the deck and quiet
Read Cruise Critic’s Radiance of the Seas Review >>
Great service - Disappointing ...
Terrible disappointment for a ...
Down goes Royal Caribbean