Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by minecraft: Kids fantasy!

minecraft
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Kids fantasy!

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I will provide as much details of the entire experience and some helpful tips for the will be travelers. Apologies for the lengthy reviews but hope it will be helpful:

We travelled in a group of 13 people and arrived the night before sail date. Originally we were to stay at the Hyatt Place directly in the airport for convenience but decided to save a bit by staying at the Sheraton a mile away. If you travel in smaller group then I would recommended staying at the hotel inside the airport for $200 per night because you get the convenience of walking distance to breakfast and coffee (McDonalds, Starbucks, etc). However for us we saved $100 a night per room by staying at the Sheraton Suite. For 4 rooms we can save $400. The Sheraton Suite was nice, clean, comfortable, free shuttle from airport to hotel. We arrived late evening and called Sheraton for the courtesy ride, waited 5 minutes and shuttle came to pick us up and take back to the hotel. The ride was 3 minutes. Upon More checking in, I walked to Hooters to pick up food because it is the closest place for food and opens until midnight,

The morning of the cruise, we were picked up by Noble Transportations. I checked several transportations and decided to use these guys because of the good reputations. Their prices are competitive and perhaps the cheapest of the ones I checked. We were picked up in a van, had the 5 car seats I requested, with additional hitch for all our luggages. We made a quick stop at Target on the way to get water, last minutes items, snacks, etc.

Upon arriving at the port, everything was smooth and the process was quick. Tip: be sure to do all the checkin online and do it early as possible so you can have early boarding time. Another tip: have the wife take the kids to get their wrist band while the husband line up for the Mickey photo's. Mickey photo's line can be long. Once boarded the ship, we head straight to the top deck for lunch because the rooms will not be ready until 1:30pm.

I will not go into detail of the port of calls so let's move on to things to do, what to watch, food, and what to expect. As far as activities for the kids, I would give this place 10 out of 10. There is too much to list but make sure to load the Disney Navigator on your iphone because it is the most useful app you will need onboard. The little one will have opportunities to meet all the characters and the line is way way way shorter than at the theme park. Plenty of photos to take!! The toddlers will glow with joy, even our 11 yr old son had much fun at the Edge that we hardly see him other than dinner time. As for adult activities, there isn't much other than few lounges, comedy shows. Would be nice if that had casino. Would be nice if they can allocate the un-use adult area of the ship. The front half of on the top deck was a waste because it was exclusively for 18+. They made this area so the adult can relax but there were hardly being used. I walked around and saw at most 20 adult lounging on the chairs. This is DISNEY!! If you want peace and quiet then you shouldn't be on the ship in the first place.

As for the pools, it is so small that the kids cannot do anything except to dip to cool off. The aquaduck is a must but the minimum height is 42". Next to the pool is the area for drinks, ice cream station, and quick eat. We made use of this the most!!!

Food and restaurant: I thought the food were ok or maybe not as good as I was hoping. The best night was the night they fed us whole lobster tail. It was good from appertizer all the way to dessert. We ate at Remy one night and the experience were good. We had the option to choose between 2 chef's style, American-French trained or the French chef. My wife chose the French chef while I took the American trained. I must stay my wife dishes were better!

We attended shows each night and they were all good. It is typical broadway style with Disney influenced. Also be sure to check schedule for movies. We watched Captain America Winter Soldier. Wednesday was pirate night so remember to pack pirate costumes and load up some glow sticks before the cruise.

Castawy Cay: the private island is nice but the water was not as warm as St. Thomas/St marteen. Don't waste your money with the snorkeling excursion. There is hardly anything to see, the $30 rental is not worth it. It is better if you pack your own snorkeling gear to use on other port of calls as well. However, we did rent the bike and it was something different and fun.

Overall the trip was fun but I'm sure if it is worth to go again the second time. The reason being the price is much more expensive compared to Royal Caribbean. To me, service all the same as I received on Carnival so I'm not sure what people were raving about how Disney service is superb. I got the same treatment on other ships. It is good to go at least once, especially if you have youngsters. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>