Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by time2travl: Another great cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Another great cruise

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

We did the Tampa - Boston reposition cruise. It was remodeled since our last cruise on her. The port in Tampa is only a few minutes from the airport which is fast and easy. It's a shame she's now being moved to New Orleans for the next season. The few changes I noted were that Spinnakers was moved and smaller, but is still the place to be in the evenings. The ocean view however is missing. Also moved was the Blue Lagoon. Much better location above the atrium. Before it felt like it was in a hallway. The shows were really top shelf. They still have the old last show (which I've seen on all their ships) I think it's time for a change.

Food in the MDR was quite good and we found a waitress who we really loved (Santi). By the 3rd meal the hostess knew who we wanted without even asking. Rarely was there a wait of over 10 to 15 minutes. If we wanted to modify a selection she told us the best way to do it to get it fast.

The buffet was always well stocked and enjoyed as More well. It was nice to see they had 1 juice machine with juice in it 24/7.

Every staff member was always friendly and helpful.

Our M&G was over 200 so they gave us a large room to meet in and several of the staff attended.. They helped make the Slot Pull a success by giving us a few bottles of wine (we started with almost $800 in it. Dingo Dan the cruise director attended our scavenger hunt and even a some of the crew attended to make it a great time.

In short I love the ship and would cruise on it again. They have really toned down any 'hard sells' of Bingo, Art auctions, etc. The one thing they need to improve is the filing of pictures to the binder method on the Breakaway. I might have bought a few, but I was not going to spend hours searching through pictures.

Still a great ship. You will enjoy her. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 9215

Not sure why they call it mid-ship, I call it aft. At first I was upset when I saw the location on the deck plans, but once I got aboard and entered I liked the sideways layout. We used the pull down bunk as storage as the closet is a bit tight. Don't try to use the closet and enter the bathroom at the same time with two unless you don't mind rubbing each other. All in all it's good for 2. Maybe even 3 if you simply use it to change cloths and sleep. It's a good basic cabin, close to the elevator, the MDR, Spinaker. and it's quiet. really quiet..

Snorkeling

(5)

great to swim with the stingrays. If you haven't it should be on your bucket list. Also great snorkeling and if you're lucky the captain may let you keep a conk shell. Great family fun.

Stingray Swim

(5)

see snokeling as it was part of the same.

The butterfly farm was a nice experience, but the beach by the airport where you can get sandblasted. Both enjoyable.