Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by ottowest: Exceeded my expectations!

Vision of the Seas 5
ottowest
Member Since 2014

Exceeded my expectations!

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Mediterranean

Overall an outstanding experience! This was our first cruise. We had the extra benefit of having our friends stay in the Royal Suite, so we got some 'extra' services and activities that most of the guests did not.

I was hesitant to want to take a cruise ad I do not do well in large crowds or simply being crowded. I was pleased to find that even with over 1000 guests on this boat, that I did not feel "closed in" or "crowded". There was hardly ever a line at the buffet and the line at the bars were only slightly long after diner.

There were families on this cruise and lots of kids, however they were not unruly or always underfoot. I cannot say what the pools were like as I stayed away from them.

The food was fantastic, even the buffet had better food than I expected. Our formal dining room had a different menu each night. The servers were very attentive and called us by name, asked about our day and seemed genuinely concerned with our having a pleasant More experience.

We had a tour of the bridge which was very cool. We also attended a "select" reception with fancy hors d'oeuvres, cocktails and the chance to meet the Motel Manager, Beverage Manager, Captain and other officers. This was a "tag-a-long" with our friends staying in the Royal Suite.

Overall, our first cruise was amazing and totally exceeded our expectations! We are already looking at our next cruise with RC. Less

Published 05/23/14

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review:

Our cabin was very adequate. My only complaint would be the size of the shower. It was smaller than I would care for, but it did the job. Bed was comfortable and the cabin was keep clean and tidy by our stateroom attendant. The AC worked fine and the cabin was kept at a comfortable temperature all day and night. Bottled water from the mini bar was pretty expensive, $6.00 for a 750ml Evian, but we had the ultimate drink package so we never bought bottled water.

Jose Cuervo Tequila Tasting and Discover Mexico

The Jose Cuervo Tequila Tasting was very nice. Our guide, Martin (with 5 r's) was gracious and funny. We paid $65 a head and it was worth every penny. The whole thing lasted 4 hours and covered Mexican history, Agave horticulture lesson, Tequila tasting, free margaritas and lunch. I highly recommend this excursion!

This was the port we left from. The people working there were rather rude, especially when I asked a simple question about boarding the ship. I do not know if they were port employees or employees of RC, but they sure could have been nicer.