Carnival Dream Cruise Review by seccor12: First time cruiser

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

First time cruiser

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First of all you're on a cruise, how could you not be happy!! But I suppose the point of this review is just to give my opinion. I didn't find much to complain about on the Dream, our cabin was incredible. I loved the location. Cove balcony is the way to go. We were right behind the elevators which I initially thought would be a nuisance but I loved not having to walk far, the noise was not bad at all (except a few times coming from the stewards closet, but that was during the day & who stays in their room all day anyways!?) It's cool that you can just eat yourself sick, not that I did ;) As for the food the breakfast was not impressing at all, I found myself eating the same thing over & over. The juice seemed a little watered down to me. The lunch was ok, but my FAVORITE was the pasta bar. It's kind of hard to find & a little different than the buffet, but worth it!! Make sure you try it at least once & ask someone how to find it because i can't remember lol!! The tea More is not good at all to me but the Red frog Rum bar was OMG the BEST!! I'm a tad disappointed as all I heard was how the ship was so much fun you wouldn't even want to get off but I disagree. BUT since it was my first time I was a little overwhelmed. I thought the shows were kind of lame, but I did enjoy some of the comedians . The wait staff definitely made dinner awesome, they do spoil you. All & all everything went pretty smooth EXCEPT on our last night & the day we left. My son laid his sombrero & sunglasses down on a couch in the main lobby, he walked off & came back to pick them up but a staff member wouldn't let him have it. SHe walked with him to guest services & said you will have to come back with your mom in the morning because i don't believe these are yours. So I do just that, I go to guest services & the man walks in the back, comes back & says there was nothing back there. I move along without saying anything but it's just NOT sitting well with me so I go talk to the other lady & she comes right out with the sombrero but NO glasses (OAKLEYS are expensive!! SO I am not happy!!!!) I still don't know what happened to his glasses & I still don't know why that man lied about his sombrero not being back there, Did it ruin my vacation, no. Did it irritate me yes! BUT we will definitely go back. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Main 2279

The cove balcony was the best! It will be hard to stay in any other type of room now. I am completely pleased with the location of the room as well.

Cave-Tubing Adventure

I can not brag enough on how amazing these tour guides were. We had robin & barry. They kept us informed & entertained the entire time. SO much knowledge! I actually passed by other groups while tubing & felt sorry for them. I highly recommend using this company. the lunch was good & the endless cup of rum punch was a perk as well ;)

The port was very nice, but commercialized and we wanted to experience Cozumel so we took a cab to a beach http://www.playauvas.com/ it was a little run down but we REALLY enjoyed it. There's nothing better than an Oceanside massage! the bar tender was so much fun. I drank "bob marleys" and had a salad that was absolutely delicious. The best part about it was that it was not crowded at all! I heard a lot about how the local children are always heckling you to buy things while your on the beaches in Cozumel but not once did they bother us. They weren't even there. while the place could definitely use a facelift, our experience was just as expected. However if your looking for a beach to play in the ocean this is not the one. I tried walking in the ocean & the rocks are horrible. They do offer kayaks & snorkeling but I opted for the massage instead. Also the cab ride was not nearly as bad as I had been warned it would be :)

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Dune Buggy Tour

The port here was absolutely hectic unorganized & crazy, to be honest a little scary. BUT that was because at the last minute we had to port at coxen hole in instead of mahogany bay (some kind of wind problem they said) also I made my reservation for 1:30 when I should have made it for the morning (due to the fact that they were 2 hours behind our time) had to find my own way to the sight, but they were happy to make the change for me when we arrived. We had so much fun on this tour. I mean the buggys were slow, but the experience made up for it. The private beach you get to stop at is something I will never forget. Oh make sure you pay the extra $5 for the mud and wear LOTS of sunscreen & bug spray. They have a monkey at the shop that is so cool!! we decided to take a cab to Little French Key after our ride & our cab driver was a complete JERK! I have never wanted to complain so much in my life as I did about how horrible he was. Anyhow Little French Key is phenomenal!! I was to go back to Roatan just for this place!!