Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by rhidavies42

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Corfu
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: Inside
See More About: Thomson Majesty Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Majesty Review (by Cruise Critic!)
OK but nothing in comparison to Royal Caribbean

After going on the Independence of the Seas a year before, we were definitely looking forward to our 2 week cruise around the Greek Islands and Montenegro.

I would first like to begin with saying that we are a young couple 21 and 25. We would recommend cruising to anyone. The itinerary on this cruise was amazing... as were the excursions.

HOWEVER.....

In comparison with Royal Caribbean, Thomson as a whole is poor. We met quite a lot of people on the Thomson cruise that would recommend the company,however, they have never experienced anything else.

Firstly, the embarkation was disorganised, slow and a little bit like herding cattle. Then when we got to our room our beds were single and not the double we had asked for. This was absolutely no problem. We were happy to push our beds together ourselves and we thought that it is just a minor thing. We checked with the room attendant that this was ok and she was incredibly rude. She huffed and puffed like we were inconveniencing her somehow?? But we had offered to do this ourselves?? It was not a good start to the cruise. I turned to my partner and said 'this is going to be awful'.

From then on the entertainment was poor. I could not stand to even watch some of the shows as the singers hurt my ears. (P.S I am not exaggerating). The ships activities were lacking... we were bored.

The food was excellent... We could not fault anything with the service in the restaurants.

I think perhaps we have been spoiled from the incredible cruise we had with Royal Caribbean around the Mediterranean. But honestly, if you have only been on a Thomson Cruise and love it... please try a Royal Caribbean cruise and you will never go back.

If Thomson cruises were half the price of the other cruise lines we would go again. But unfortunately they are not... And they are not even in the same league. We were disappointed with our cruise and I hope people read this review and spend their hard earned money elsewhere. By the end of the first week we wanted to go home....

Publication Date: 05/23/14