Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by MissAndy: Interesting but different cruise
Overall Member Rating
Interesting but different cruise
Everything about this River cruise from Memphis to NewOrleans was first class.
1. Staterooms were spacious with the largest bathrooms I have experienced on a cruise ship.
2. Food was plentiful with lots of variety. Service was excellent.
3. Staff was attentive and hospitable.
4. Only 125 people on the boat so by the end of the cruise, you know everybody. This is great!
5. Tours were good and enjoyable. Only 1 or 2 were of extra cost; others were included in price.
A few notes:
1. Cost is expensive! Avg. $5000 for 7 days pp.
2. Average age was 70+ .. Not a cruise for someone in their 50s or earlier, unless you are willing to adapt to a slower pace/crowd. Entertainment is also geared towards an older crowd.
3. Onboard Wifi is sketchy to non-existant. Bring your phone if you need to contact home.
4. Entertainment was good in the evenings, but limited on quiet afternoons while we were cruising. More
5. Bar is only open during happy hour. You can order drinks to your room at a cost.
6. Because of the levees, you don't see much when you are cruising down the river until you start to reach Baton Rouge or NewOrleans. Less
Read more Queen of the Mississippi cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen of the Mississippi Review >>
We will sail with American Cru...
Maine Coast & Harbors Cruise
Fantastic Cruise, Horrendous P...
Lobster Cruise on American Cru...
Cruising with new friends
New Orleans to Memphis on the ...
American Cruise Lines