Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by ammagic: Trying Something New

43 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Trying Something New

Sail Date: May 2014

Having sailed on NCL five times before we thought it might be nice to try a new ship. Having relocated to Florida the Getaway seemed a natural. I had my concerns about trying a ship before they had time to iron out the kinks and I was correct. The getaway is a beautiful ship to be sure. Getting on and off was as good as could be expected. There were ample areas to relax on deck and the slides were a trip! The down side was the food venues. In seven days I never had a meal "I would write home about". Savor was the most consistently good venue we dinned at. We tried Cagneys but the service was a horror show. Food in the wrong order, wrong food, food no one ordered. The buffet was not to bad food wise but noisy. I'n not sure why so many plates, trays, cups and silver must be slammed around. There was soft music playing in the background but you couldn't make out what song was playing because of the ambient noise.

We were surprised to see so many children about on deck. Not that More that is a bad thing but in the past you never saw the kids on deck. The kids pool looked like fun. If the kids weren't around I might have tried it myself.

As on other NCL ships the room steward was great.  The mini-suite was very nice. The head (bathroom) was a nice size and the spray heads in the shower were a nice touch. The room itself was about what you would expect from a balcony room. The balcony was a joke. What "bean counter" convinced NCL 9x4 feet was a good size for a balcony? Less

Published 05/23/14

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 9188

The mini-suite was very nice. The head (bathroom) was a nice size and the spray heads in the shower were a nice touch. The room itself was about what you would expect from a balcony room. The balcony was a joke. What "bean counter" convinced NCL 9x4 feet was a good size for a balcony? .

ammagic
Member Since 2008
43 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X