Carnival Glory Cruise Review by VKLovin: Some good some bad

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Some good some bad

Sail Date: May 2014

My husband and I have been on 7 Carnival cruises in 6 years. I don't feel like a newbie and I was shocked about the get backs Carnival has made. Some are very obvious.

It all started at the Port of Miami. My husand and I purchased the "Faster to the Fun". We found the man that had our name on his clipboard. Went straight to this lady who wanted to let us know that she was very sick. I gave her my sympathies, then she decided to check us in. I asked her where on my card it stated we had faster to the fun. She told me it was on the card, I asked "where". The lady next to her finally took up the cause. The short of it is it took us 45 minutes to check in. We went straight to our cabin expecting our luggage soon. Went to the muster drill and the sail away on the Lido deck. Came back to our cabin and outside our door was our luggage (yahoo!!, not so fast). Our friends had found our luggage on the floor below and had left it in front of our cabin.

The dining room food has More declined and the elegance of the room has declined. However, our wait staff was beyond excellent. Makaylah made dinner fun every night.

The burgers and burritos on the Lido deck should not be missed.

All our excursion were excellent. We snorkeled in Grand Turk and St. Thomas. In San Juan we did the zip-line

We rented a cabana on Half Moon Cay. When we arrived on the island we hopped on the trolley to take us to our cabana. As we entered the trolley a man took our tickets. We get to the cabana, just start to relax and this lady comes to the cabana and wants our tickets. I explained that we had already given our tickets to the man at the trolley. She stated that she needed the tickets or we would have to vacate the cabana. I trudge down the the information booth and explained the problem. Found out we had already been checked in. I trudge back to the cabana and never saw the ticket lady again.

If you have an early flight take your luggage off the ship yourself, it will save time and hassle.

All in all the cruise was fun. The cruise director is awesome. He is very active and makes all the passengers feel welcome.

All the staff on Glory work very hard, but still are very polite and again make you feel welcome on their ship. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8301

Our room was the typical Carnival balcony. Our room steward was awesome, and kept our cabin nice and tidy. Always love the towel animals.