Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by millstastic10

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by millstastic10
Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: millstastic10
Cruise Date: May 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
Amazing first time cruise on Norwegian

This is my first time writing a review so I will do my best to keep it focused. I will sum everything up in one word: AMAZING. Me and my wife arrived in the Miami area Friday morning and stay in a Doubletree about 20 minutes from the port. Arriving to the port was easy and parking was a breeze, be advised parking is 140 for the week. Ignore the negative hype about the port workers, they are not thugs like one review put it, they just work very fast.

Getting on and off the getaway was a breeze, it was shockingly quick. And when my wife and I got aboard we fell in love with the boat. From this point I will categorize everything as well as I can

BOAT: The getaway is beautiful, very modern. It does not have one singular wow factor feature, but man does it scream quality! There were amazing bars and the pool deck is small but very nice, its not the nightmare some have described. My wife and I paid the up charge to get into the vibe beach club and it was worth it! The hot tubs were huge and the service was amazing. The bartenders Sean and Alvin were the best, they free pour! The area was so silent and we loved it. You don't have to pay for silence, spice h20 is great, just not as secluded. Also of note is the mojito bar called Sugarcane, you will love it.

ROOM: We had an inside cabin, and we were not upset at all. Large bed, large shower and tons of storage.

ACTIVITIES: This aspect of the boat is amazing, there was so much going on it was almost overwhelming. Burn the floor, legally blond the musical and the comedy show were great.

FOOD: DO THE ULTIMATE DINNING PACKAGE!! We only ate in the dinning rooms for breakfast and lunch and the food was good.

Overall the cruise was everything we wanted for our anniversary trip. Do your homework, choose the extras you want or don't choose any, regardless if you have a good attitude you will love the getaway.

Publication Date: 05/19/14
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews