Carnival Breeze 5

brepri_h
Member Since 2011
223 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This is my 3rd Carnival Cruise. I've taken 2 cruises on a Dream Class Ship (Dream & Breeze) and 1 cruise on a Conquest Class Ship (Liberty). When comparing the 2 classes, hands down the Dream Class wins! The Breeze was a BEAUTIFUL ship and it was decorated by a new design team (confirmed by the Cruise Director) so this ship is much more modern than other Carnival Ships. The food was great and we enjoyed the entertainment. We saw 2 shows in the large theater and 4 comedy shows.

This 8 Day Exotic Southern Caribbean Cruise sailed to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao & Aruba. These ports of call were all new to me with the exception of Grand Turk. Here is some more detailed information about my experience on each of these islands.....

Grand Turk: Just get off the boat, you don't even need an excursion! Carnival invested LOTS of money into this port of call so everything you need is right there. Shopping, beach, pool, food, ect ect. I've heard from other More past cruisers that there isn't much to see on this island so don't waste your money on a tour, so I never have. I've always went and grabbed some lounge chairs next to the pool at Margaritaville and enjoyed a relaxing day!

La Romana, Dominican Republic: The Cruise Director let us know that La Romana in itself is just a gateway to bring us to excursions. La Romana doesn't really have anything to offer and isn't safe. WE were told not t travel outside the gates and not to bring lots of money with us. That being said we took the "Catalina Island Beach Break" excursion and would highly suggest it so long as you don't get sea sick easily. The tender ride (45 mins) that we took over to the beautiful island was choppy! Also, don't go near the souvenir shops on this excursion because the shop owners are brutal! If you just enjoy the beautiful beach and water, you'll love this!

Curacao: It's hard for me to really review this island because I feel like I didn't get a real feel for it. It was the Queen's Birthday the day we visited and all children and adults were out of school and work so it was really crowded! Also, most shops were not allowed to open by their government. However, I took the "Curacao Beach Escape" and this included a tour and beach time. The tour was a little boring but I thought the island itself was nice. They took us to Jan Thiel beach which I would not recommend because it was man made. When I go back to Curacao I'll try another beach and excursion.

Aruba: This was my favorite of the three new stops for me. However, Aruba was very desert like which I wasn't expecting. The hotel areas are more lush with greenery because they have enough money to treat their water to in turn water their lawn and flowers/plants. I took the "Best of Aruba & Beach" excursion and all in all I really like it. We saw the California Lighthouse, the Casibari Rock formations, the collapsed Natural Bridge, and the Baby Natural Bridge. At the end we spent an hour on Eagle beach (where you do have to rent chairs). Next time I go to Aruba I'll just spend the day on the beach though because 1 hour wasn't enough. Less

Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

8287
Not sure which category my room was, it was just two twin beds put together for a larger one. It's a small room but I just sleep there so it works fine!

Published 05/18/14

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review

Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?