Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by barmills: Celebrity & Bermuda....

barmills
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Celebrity & Bermuda....

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Firstly... with the exception of Celebrity's oh too unfortunate corporate blunder of reserving "Michael's Pub" (once my favorite jazz/caberet type musical experience on Celebrity) for the very "select few" (even us "Plain Jane "Elite" cruisers are no longer permitted in it's hallowed halls) our recent 7-day jaunt to Bermuda (just got back in this afternoon) was yet another wonderful excursion about the big "X".

Combine a terrific new Captain and a wonderful Cruise Director with a world class cruise ship and even a fully booked voyage can become an individual, special & unique experience.

There are all kinds of changes being "floated" (pardon the expression) on the Summit... especially in regards to some incredible dining experiences being readied for future cruises. From incredible new desserts, to a re-styled sushi menu and some fascinating new oriental dishes... those of us about this cruise were able to see... and even sample some of the as-of-yet cuisine More during it's final preparatory stages before being introduced to the Summit... and eventually all around the fleet. These new dishes are stunning and way beyond and reasonable expectation of even the most seasoned cruiser, especially considering "Celebrity" is far from a premium-priced cruise line. Truly inspiring... you won't want to miss what will surely be in store for you in the very near future.

Yes, the main dining room, ship cleanliness, and staterooms were all up to Celebrity standards... certainly no small feat and nothing to complain about.

My personal gripes ?... I have a few.... but very few indeed. I cruise as much for the music as the food and Celebrity, in an obvious and successful attempt to increase revenues... has turned the Martini Bar into a loud disco/techno music club. To be sure folks in there were drinking and enjoying themselves... an yes, for Celebrity it seems to be a very big hit indeed... BUT.... on deck 5... just above the Martini bar sat a wonderful entertainer/pianist who could barely be heard above the exhuberant party-goers just a deck below.

Celebrity... would it be so hard to make "Michael's" available again so your musicians could perform in their proper venues ????? Yup, I wasn't the only one displeased about this.... Celebrity has managed to dictate it's talent walk the proverbial plank by forcing them to perform under these types of circumstances. Who on the managemental team came up with this plan ? I'd really like to know.

Lest I seem to bitter about this please understand that some passengers come for the food... some for the gambling...me ?... I come for the entainment. Celebrity would not serve it's food on paper plates but is willing to treat it's talent in that very same manner. Really. What a shame. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 8014

Our cabin was tended by "Sydney", our room steward and a fine gentlemen that was always there when we needed him. Cabins comes complete with bathrobes, modest toiletries, and one TV channel that shows nothing but the front of the ship..... it's like watching you front lawn grown by watching your TV set.... really.... We've sailed Celebrity several times and have never been disappointed in the accommodations.