Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by metosc: 40th Anniversary Celebration

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

40th Anniversary Celebration

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We loved this cruise so it is hard had to think of some negatives, they are:

Did not enjoy the murder mystery in Portofinos, there were no microphones so we couldn't hear what was going on. Had a hard time getting up to go the the bathroom it was so tight. My husband was supposed to get filet and he got either a strip or sirloin steak. We had a couples massage which was okay, but after they tried to promote their products…big time. My husband has been going to massage twice a week nursing a leg and hip issue and they told him he did not need to do that, only needed once a week with their products, all the while saying that he should get a hot stone massage that same week!!!! The Unexpected Boys (one of the acts) were fabulous. The ice show really good!!!! The rest of the shows were mediocre, food fair. The coffee was extremely weak, my husband had to buy Starbucks each day.

The ship was beautiful, loved the promenade and the fact that you didn't have to go More through the casino for everything. The staff was friendly and courteous. The ship was clean, there were adequate public bathrooms (have been on some ships were there were 2 stalls out side of the theatre).

I truly wish there was a way that people with health issues could be helped down the very long pier's. I know there are random wheelchairs, but hard to find.

Boarding & Deparkation was a piece of cake. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas 7248

The cabin was a bit larger than the one in the right side of it, the verandah was night, the room attendant had ice for us all the time and did the traditional towel creatures….we had a problem in the bathroom that needed fixing and it did not take long at all. We loved the room.

(5.5)

We loved Labadee, we rented a float, floated all day in the water and it was wonderful. There were lots of things to do, but we chose to chill.. The food was good, I would have liked to have spent 2 days there!!!! There were plenty of chairs which we used to put our stuff on (as I said, we were in the water the entire time except for eating). Some folks that we met were put on one beach and realized that the beach we were on was 10 times better. Wish I could remember the beach we were on, I remember it had cabanas. All and all one of the best days of our cruise!!!!

Read 359 Labadee Reviews