Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by ElleZed: Smooth sailing on the Dawn

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Smooth sailing on the Dawn

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

Got back home today after 19 days on the NCL Dawn. Let me start by saying I like Norwegian Cruise Line. This was my third cruise with NCL, one for 24 days in 2012 on the Spirit (lovely ship) and 7 days last October 2013 on the Epic. I prefer the Dawn/Spirit size ship and many of my fellow passengers agreed with me. The Dawn shows a little wear and tear, but is still a fine lady!

Love the cozy cave feeling of the inside cabins. In cabins over the theatre, you get the occasional thump, thump of the bass from some of the shows, but I wouldn't let it deter me from choosing 8525 again.The beds are very comfortable. Hair dryers on the Dawn are heavy and may pose problems with people with arthritis. They might be advised to bring their own light-weight one.

Food on board is from good to great, depending on what you order. Desserts, take two. They are awesome! I found the roasts at the Garden Café to be very good and the variety of food there also fine.

The More Venetian is a beautiful room for dining and my choice by far for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the Aqua restaurant the food and service are on par with Venetian, but the room lacks any inviting ambiance and could do with redecorating..

My steward PUTU is a charming and humble man. I was always greeted every day with a bow, a smile and a friendly "Hello Miss Lesley". He did his best to make sure everything was perfect for me. I ended up with my extra bed being covered with towel animals which I took a picture of to show my grandchildren : )

Staff on board are there to help and will do there best to make sure you are well taken care of. Some things they simply can't do! Don't ask for miracles. If it is right and possible, they will do their best to make it happen!

If you are considering the Dawn for a vacation...just go ahead and book it. Ignore the complainers and the nay sayers. I have found those people generally find something to complain about just to make their day! Book your trip. Have fun. AND...cruise like a Norwegian : ) Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 8525

8525 is an inside forward cabin. It is exactly as pictures portray with carpet variations of course. It is located close to the elevators, but far enough away that there is no elevator traffic noise. However, it is also right above the theatre. When bands are playing loudly of the rare show having bass pumped out...thump, thump, thump etc...you can hear the bass at low level noise value. I did not find it either often enough nor loud enough to stop me from selecting the same cabin again if necessary...not really a problem per se : ) Beds are comfortable, but hair dryers very heavy. If you have arthritis in your wrists or shoulders, you may prefer to bring along your own light-weight one. Overall...a good cabin!