Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Loans1308: RCI standards dropping.

Loans1308
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

RCI standards dropping.

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

We booked the 8 night Norwegien Fjords cruise as we heard great reviews of this area. I have to say that the views and ports are stunning but everything else about this cruise is not so good. We checked in at Copenhagen docks and this was uneventfull. The lines were kept short by good staff ensuring that when a check in desk became available they immediately put the next person in line through. As most cruisers know you do not get to your cabin until after 1pm and this where the smaller ships like Legend suffer as there are not enough seats around to cater for the number of passengers. Many people head to Windjammer but what happens is that people just stay at the tables with no food just to get a seat and then when you try and get some lunch there are no seats. You cannot blame the fellow cruisers but they should give up the seats when they are finished their lunch. However on many trips to the Windjammer for food we struggled to find a table which I am sure many of you reading this More have had the same problem.

When we got to our room we were quite surprised as we had reserved room 6130 at the back of the ship on deck 6. We met our Steward named JJ and he was very pleasant as he was throughout the cruise. The room had a good sized balcony and we were lucky to be able to spend some time on it to admire the views if the Fjords. On the downside on Legend is that the crew also have open areas on deck 5 at the back of the ship and at times, even late at night were very noisy. I appreciate they need some downtime but not at our expense.

Our dining experience was a mixed bag. Long waits in Windjammer, mediocre and cold food in the main dining room but great service in Chops, Azumi and Cefs Table. However the last three dining experiences cost us $115 each as a package but I would highly recommend them as it was the best food and service we had on the ship. I agree you should not have to pay extra for good service but this us where I think RCI are getting worse over the past few years.

Like most cruisers we had to go to Guest relations over a couple of small issues. These people must be hand picked because they have no idea what Guest relations is all about and will do their best to fob you off. One of our issues was the Interner package and service which many of you have complained about. As Diamond Plus members we get some free time but my wife had an issue and she ran away with her minutes just trying to set up her user name and password. We went to the desk to ask for help and were basically told we were a couple of idiots, it was our fault and we could buy additional minutes if we wanted to. Needless to say we decided not to bother wasting our time any more with this particular individual and went to the Concierge. Within 2 minutes he got my wife her Internet time back but every person no matter their RCI status should treated with respect. It cost them nothing to offer good service.

So in summary RCI have cut back due to costs as many companies have to but it does not stop them putting their prices up on the ship. We have a cruise booked in September and to be honest it is time to go to another cruise line. This was our 16th cruise with RCI and I honestly believe it will be our last.

Like many fellow cruisers there were good and bad points about the cruise but to many of us it us our only holiday and it should be remembered for the good points and not the bad. Less

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>