Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by kerieblue: A great cruise

A great cruise

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Hong Kong

My husband, daughter and I cruised from Hong Kong to Shanghai on the ship and we all had a marvellous time. it is true that we ate all our evening meals either in Q-sine or the Olympic Speciality restaurants as we would that dining in the main restaurant with 1000 other passengers or guests as they are now called on cruises to be unpleasant- noisy, no atmosphere and perfunctory service etc.

the fun factory ie kids club was fantastic with well-trained staff who organised many educational and fun activities - my 10 year old daughter could not get enough on the place.

the entertainment on board was varied and each night the artist was of a very high standard. we travel a lot and this is our 6th cruise as a family but I have done many more so am in a position to know good from bad.

we did have a sky suite which was beautifully maintained and the butler could not do enough for us

while there was no self service anywhere which slowed all things in the More Café etc this did not really bother us

as we were not in a rush. the ports were interesting but the highlight for us was Shanghai where we disembarked. we found the service throughout to be excellent and all the crew/staff try exceptionally hard to have the guests have a good time.

we did not have any late nights by visiting the lounge bars as our days were filled with sight seeing or other activities so I cannot comment on the entertainment or atmosphere in the lounges after 10pm

we would travel on Celebrity again as we have been on the sister ship a few years back called the Constellation. We would probably try another class of celebrity next time Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium 6101

this was an exceptionally well located cabin. near the Apple I-lounge and central to all locations. a good size cabin but we did not have the balcony open at any time as the weather did not permit at this time of the yearthe room steward put the sofa bed away each morning and made it up every evening which gave us sufficient room in the cabin when we were there