Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Ericainfla: Rough wet start, nice end

Ericainfla
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Rough wet start, nice end

Sail Date: May 2014

The ship just came out of 2 weeks in dry dock and wasn't quite ready to sail but it sailed. Still lots of repairs and Reno being done. Never saw so many workers running around a ship as well as the noise of construction. Quite sad that my anticipated relaxing massage at the spa was anything but relaxing due to the banging and noises right above on the next deck being renovated for the new kids area. But wait let me not forget that we left a couple of hrs late and if you were lucky enough to get your luggage it was soaking wet along with most of the clothes inside!

Yes it poured a couple of hrs Hrs after we checked in, why were all the bags still sitting on the dock uncovered? You would think they would either have it covered or inside already....it's Florida, it rains all the time!

So you can't imagine the complaints at the pursers desk for the first couple of days as we sailed. If you were lucky like us, we were able to hang everything all over the cabin to dry but More others not so lucky and clothes were ruined. We heard story after story as we set sail. Others were still looking for their bags late that night as the paper tags were illegible after the rain. Bags in holding areas and rooms, all over the place!

Ok, so we have a drink and try and relax, the rain stops and even though we were late we still had a day at sea so weren't late to our first port.

We have sailed the Freedom before so we have a comparison and we returned to the ship because of our previous experiences. The service is still wonderful, the room steward amazing and went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. The food was mostly wonderful, dining room staff hit and miss but most were very professional and friendly.

Not sure I loved the cruise director Skip, not the friendliest that I have seen in the last few years but his assistants were a great group. The band c6 was fantastic, made sure to listen to them as much as possible. The shows were a disappointment, no production or singers and dancers until the last night. Yea the magician, juggler, hypnotist were interesting but I did miss not seeing real shows. Got to give a shout out for the comedy, very funny group for the 4 days they performed but where are the women comediennes? (Smile).

So I am not sure how I feel overall since there were highs and lows I am not sure my next cruise will be a carnival cruise, I think maybe I will go back to Norwegian or Royal. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>