Prinsendam Cruise Review by jay76: First time, maybe last!

jay76
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Prinsendam Mediterranean Cruises

First time, maybe last!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Mediterranean

My wife and I, embarked in Fort lauderdale for a 39-day Grang Voyage ending in Venice. The ocean behaved perfectly during the whole voyage with temperature highs in the upper 60s during the 5-day crossing, the upper 80s in the Caribbean and West Africa, and 65-72 the rest of the ports.

Most passengers were a well traveled group of seniors, with some repeat Prinsedam guests.

And now for my impressions, and will limit my comments to those of general interest and skip personal or uneventful details.

The good:

Wonderful and very attentive staff, especially at the front office and dining room.

Loved most of the ports, with a various blend of fun, culture, and touristic interests, and the itinerary was our main reason for traveling.

Our window cabin was rather large, with a walk-in closet and a tub.

We tendering in the four ports and it was used was a breeze, due to the low number of passengers.

The bad:

The More ship is old! They struggle to keep the rust from showing on the promenade deck.

Speaking of this deck, at times it was impossible to lay on a lounge chair on the starboard side, because of a strong smell. I was told that the sewage system is vented improperly.

Entertainment in the theatre was O.K., and a few times we chose to skip it.

In the bow and aft cabins on deck 6, when using side-thrusters to dock, you could hear a rumble for well over 30 minutes. When docking, usually around 6:00AM, you never needed an alarm clock...

Would I travel again on the Prinsendam? Considering the premium cost and the above problems, probably not, unless it was an extremely interesting itinerary! Less

Read more Prinsendam cruise reviews >>