Astor Cruise Review by coolnan: Worst cruise never again

Worst cruise never again

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Africa
Embarkation: Cape Town

10 days without sight of land and the activities during the day was non existent unless you want to do a quiz and win one golf ball between the table. Dont get me wrong I enjoy a good quiz but when thats about all there is it gets boring. We decided to play table tennis enjoyed that then the next day they decided to do maintenance on the floor there and on the basketball court.

The outdoor pool was emptied for a few days. The average age on the ship would have been about 65 yet they put toy story on the tv and other movies where at least 15 years old. Saturday night entertainment was The marigold hotel at leas five years old. My husband loves kareoke they had that twice at 11.00pm everyone had gone to bed. The drinks where really expensive. The shop on boatd was so expensive no one ever went in it. Getting off the ship on the tenders was arranged for 9.00am the last tender left at 11.45am with strict instructions to return at 2.00pm from Mossel Bay. Each port of call there More was problems making people late for the tours and some people had to cancel.

I have to say the staff are very pleasant and helpful and the food was good but there was just to many other things against this cruise we left at Cape Town many others where going all the way to England. Less

Published 05/17/14

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Astor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Astor Review >>

Cabin review: inside507

What we expected very basic. Spotless and the cabin attendent very pleasant

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?