Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by z51red

Disney Fantasy
Member Name: z51red
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        13-15 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First Cruise..label it a success

My wife and I, both in our 60's recently enjoyed our first cruise with our daughter, son in law and granddaughter. We departed Detroit via Delta and arrived in Orlando around 10:30am... We quickly located the Disney transportation center and proceeded to the terminal....we were totally impressed with the entire Disney cruise experience....the transfers were seamless and the people at every step were extremely friendly and helpful. We had checked our bags at Detroit with Delta and placed our Disney tags on them and the next time we saw them was at our room aboard the Disney Fantasy. The lines at the terminal were a little long but I think in less than an hour total after arriving at the terminal, we were on board and enjoying a wonderful meal. After a quick walk around the ship we went tom our room , located our bags and proceeded to be amazed for the next 8 days....

we found our cabin to be quite clean and more than room enough. What we found to be very impressive was the dual bathrooms, a separate shower/tub area and toilet area. Both areas had sinks which made it very easy to get ready for my wife and I. Our cabin was midship on deck 8 and we really loved that location. We had a verandah and one of the special joys of my cruise was sitting on the verandah enjoying my coffee each morning.

We also found the activiites on ship were more than just for children. although, my granddaughter settled right in at the Edge with other kids in her age group, my wife and I quickly found the adults areas such as the cove and the adult areas pools were fantastic getaways for adults only. We also found the nightclubs on board to be very entertaining. the comedy acts, especially buckets n boards was great.

Our dinners were always enjoyable and the wait staff was always a joy. We enjoyed the fact the servers were the same every night regardless of which of the three restaurants we ate in.....Speaking of staff, our room host Ike was terrific.....I was amazed that wherever he saw us on the ship he asked how was by name and asked about our granddaughter by name and whether we were enjoying our cruise and if he could do anything for us...

The visits to St Maartin and St Thomas were pleasant. Disembarkation at these ports was seamless and not at all unpleasant. We only went to the beaches on the island and those excursions had been arranged by Disney, The busses and tour guides were very pleasant and the meals and both beaches were delicious....BUT, the excursion we enjoyed the most was at Castaway Cay...Feeding the stingrays, and snorkeling was truly a great experience and I can't say enough about the meal on Castaway Cay. Disney staff continued to provide us with a great meal and once again, those Disney smiles and greeting were everywhere, as were all the usual Disney characters we had grown to love on the ship.

Once we arrived back at Port Canaveral disembarkation was again painless....It began with a great breakfast and then a bus ride back to the Orlando airport. Our bags had been prechecked via Disney so we didn't have to deal with them again until our arrival back in Detroit around 5:30pm. I'd recommend using Disney's pre-check service to anyone who is planning on arriving via air. That really made the trip even more enjoyable since I hater dragging bags when I travel...To wrap things up I can't think of any negatives regarding our cruise. we had a great time and I would recommend it to everyone. Don't be concerned about Disney being a cruise line for only those traveling with children. My wife and I are definitely looking forward to another Disney cruise, with or without my children or grandchild.

Publication Date: 05/16/14