Royal Princess Cruise Review by Texasramblinreck: Royal Princess was everything we expected

Texasramblinreck
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Royal Princess was everything we expected

Sail Date: April 2014

This was our 5th cruise with Princess and nobody does it better. I read a lot of reviews before we left and I have got to tell you the negative ones must have been on another ship. Disembarks net was a breeze and our suite was ready as always. The only problems with elevators was the first day and that's always the situation, the rest of the cruse there were only minimum waits. The food was wonderful, we only ate a couple of mornings for breakfast at the buffet. If you are one of the mass eaters who go to the buffet, I'm sure it get old by the end of the cruise, but if you indulge in the finer dinning who want be disappointed on this ship. The crew was fantastic as they put their best people on the newer ships. The Captain was great and very informative, he did like to talk. The production shows and other entertainment was great. We had great weather and the seas were so smooth you could ski behind the ship, but the Royal is so big (147,000 tons) it wouldn't have mattered. I really More can't say enough good things about this cruise and the new Royal Princess.

We had a suite, which really makes all things better, but our son had a balcony and it was a great cabin for him.  What can I say with 440 SF it really makes the cruise an experience. The suite has plenty of room to feel at home plus an absolutely wonderful bath room with tub and glass shower. Th balcony was small but plenty big enough so don't pay attention to some of the negative people who want a big porch. If you want to be treated like royalty get a suite. We started out with min-suite which I would highly recommend and the we went to a suite for the last 3 cruise and like they say you can't go back. We have a suite booked for the next 2 cruises.

The excursions to the islands were great and the locals so friendly. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful the clear blue water was. Less

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Royal Princess R608

Really enjoyed the Princess area, we went on an excursion of the island and it was very interesting, just ran out of time.

We took two tours which was too much. The first was in little buggies which was a great way to see the island and of course the nude beach was of interest. The waters were so beautiful it's impossible to describe

Paradise Point Skyride

Great tour

St. John Tour

His was the best tour really interesting
We should have booked only one tour