“Panama Canal on the Pearl”
Cruise review of Norwegian Pearl

IrisGarden57 Norwegian Pearl 5 Panama Canal on the Pearl
IrisGarden57
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just returned from a 15 day cruise through the Panama Canal. It was a great trip and we had fantastic weather every day except the day we were actually in the Panama Canal. It rained off an on quite a bit, but since we had an aft-facing balcony, we didn't even mind the rain!

The only complaint was our stateroom, 8634. Deck 8 is directly over the Bliss Lounge, and no matter what anyone tells you, the bass can get very loud at night. And it starts either after you've gone to sleep or as you're going to bed! When booking,I was told by the travel agent "I'm sure it can't be too loud, there are more expensive cabins next to yours." Well, they had the same problem. We politely called Guest Services and they tried to get the bass adjusted. It seemed to work better some nights more than others. They sent a plate of chocolates a couple of nights in. Interestingly though, towards the end of our trip, they gave us a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants, which came with a bottle of wine, for "not complaining too much!"

We ate at Cagney's Steakhouse twice and La Cucina once. Cagney's was excellent both times and well worth the additional cost (of course, our second time was free!). My husband really like La Cucina, but I didn't think there were very many options and I didn't enjoy my meal that much.

This cruise actually had four legs to it and we only did leg two of four. We met lots of people who were onboard for the whole 37 days! Wish I was retired already so I could take advantage!

Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8634
Directly over the Bliss Lounge so very noisy at bedtime and later. See notes in cruise review for more details.
Published 05/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?