Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by IrisGarden57: Panama Canal on the Pearl

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Panama Canal on the Pearl

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

Just returned from a 15 day cruise through the Panama Canal. It was a great trip and we had fantastic weather every day except the day we were actually in the Panama Canal. It rained off an on quite a bit, but since we had an aft-facing balcony, we didn't even mind the rain!

The only complaint was our stateroom, 8634. Deck 8 is directly over the Bliss Lounge, and no matter what anyone tells you, the bass can get very loud at night. And it starts either after you've gone to sleep or as you're going to bed! When booking,I was told by the travel agent "I'm sure it can't be too loud, there are more expensive cabins next to yours." Well, they had the same problem. We politely called Guest Services and they tried to get the bass adjusted. It seemed to work better some nights more than others. They sent a plate of chocolates a couple of nights in. Interestingly though, towards the end of our trip, they gave us a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants, which came with a bottle of More wine, for "not complaining too much!"

We ate at Cagney's Steakhouse twice and La Cucina once. Cagney's was excellent both times and well worth the additional cost (of course, our second time was free!). My husband really like La Cucina, but I didn't think there were very many options and I didn't enjoy my meal that much.

This cruise actually had four legs to it and we only did leg two of four. We met lots of people who were onboard for the whole 37 days! Wish I was retired already so I could take advantage! Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 8634

Directly over the Bliss Lounge so very noisy at bedtime and later. See notes in cruise review for more details.