Carnival Valor Cruise Review by terrymish

Member Name: terrymish
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Valor Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

7th cruise was the best

This was my 7th cruise, fifth with carnival. My group consists of my husband and myself, my 2 brothers and sister in law, my nephew, my daughter and son in law. Also, my sister in law is originally from p and 7 of her family members also sailed with us. Surprisingly, all of our flights arrived on time from Scranton, Syracuse, Buffalo LAX, NYC and Hartford. We stayed at the Hilton and loved this hotel. If you can afford an ocean view room, you will love it. My sister in law took us to Angel's restaurant which served authentic island food which she ordered for us and it was delicious.

Sunday we left the hotel at noon and headed for the port. First we stopped atcvsto pick up our wine and soda. My nephew brought along a 12 pack of beer which after he went through screening they placed a yellow clip on his bag. Just bring along a pair of nail clippers and cut it off before final boarding and just keep going.

Our only excursion was in St Lucia when we did the ultimate Zip line. This was a blast.

In the my time dining room we had zuzzanna, whom on an earlier review she was recommended.I wasn't expecting to actually find her, but I am glad we were because she was wonderful. We told her about her review on Cruise Critic and she was extremely flattered. She is worth looking for. We had Ahmed as our room steward and he also did a great job. My most important word of advice, is if you go to the airport beach in St Martin, do not stand in direct line behind the big jets as they take off. Let's just leave it at that.

Publication Date: 05/13/14