Independence of the Seas 3

luvmex
Member Since 2006
163 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We have been cruising since the early 80's. Our first on RCCL song of Norway. 35 cruises later we have seen a lot of changes. We bounce back and forth between Princess, Carnival, Rccl, with a couple on NCL ( which I will never sail again). We no longer cruise for the ports, just the ships.

We have really been enjoying Carnival and Princess. We took a cruise on the Allure in December and thought a cruise on the Independence would be a good graduation party for our daughter.

So here's my good and bad:

Bad to Very bad, the food. Bland tasting, limited menus, tasteless desserts. They have a lot of choices in the buffet, but the food truly lacks flavor. Even our dining room staff seemed embarrassed to serve the food. The main dining room, limited choices and bland food.

Not enough pool chairs, as always. Lots of chairs "taken" by towels, all day without anyone using it. I was trying to sit on a open chair and almost got punched out by a man saying he was More taking it.

Cabin was clean, room steward did his job.

Lots of rude crew members. Geez, I'm sorry I asked for a drink. With the exception of the Champagne lounge, drinks were hard to come buy.

The new alcohol packages have a lot of folks working at getting their money's worth. A lot of drinking and unruly guests. ( flashbacks of Carnival in the eightys)

Strong sewage smell, deck give aft, and it seemed like a lot of restrooms had toilets overflowing.

Had a hard time at night finding shows, didn't get to see one.

We were going to book a 13 night transatlantic, but decided the food was so bad we couldn't survive.

This was the first cruise ever that I couldn't wait to get off the boat for better food, usually I have always rushed back to the ship to eat.

We rented a cabana on adrenial beach. $225 dollars. On Labadee.

We paid the same price for a much nicer cabana at Nellies in December.

Until Rccl improves the food I will be returning back to Carnival or Princess. Less

Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

3610
Great room, very little storage.

Published 05/12/14

Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review

Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?