Star Princess Cruise Review by lbmeetings: Sick ship!!

lbmeetings
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Star Princess Hawaii Cruises

Sick ship!!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

My husband and I cruise an average of two cruises a year. This was the worst cruise experience. Our first cruise with Princess was okay, but this our second, will be our last with Princess.

Unfortunately, the cruise prior to ours had lots of sickness on board. Our arrival was greeted with delay due to increased sterilization procedures. However, our room had mildew in the shower, toilet and shower curtain. The floor smelled like urine. I was totally discussed. The service desk sent a team to clean the bathroom. When I saw our room Stewart, I asked for ice, went for lunch, came back to the room to find no ice, glasses or a bottle of water. I paged the Stewart and he contact me after the second page and was annoyed. When he returned he practically through the things at me. He didn't return to turndown or deliver the newsletter. We were sent a bottle of wine for our trouble...with no corkscrew!

Almost immediately I started coughing and asthma, that has been dormant for More 5 years, prevented me from dancing!! Both my husband and I felt lousy enough to see the doctor. I haven't been on inhalers in 5 years. My husband had headaches and a cough too. Again we went to the cruise service desk to complain about the air quality in our room. Again the bathroom was cleaned. Our cabin should have been changed. People all around the ship were experiencing allergy reactions too.

The entertainment was okay but the bands were off beat and not danceable. Usually, people dance all over the venues. Hardly, any dancing on this cruise. Very disappointing for us because we dance at least two days a week at home and go on cruises for good music and top notch entertainment.

Our service in the dining room was terrific. Neapolitan and John were accommodating and pleasant. The food was okay but soups and sauces had to much salt. The Vines bar service had specialty wines and the bartenders knowledgeable.

It was obvious to us that the activities appealed to older cruisers. Frankly, we haven't seen so many walkers and wheelchairs ever in one place. We are seniors, but like the more lively activities of Royal Caribean and Celebrity. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>