Pacific Dawn Cruise Review by nc4dm: Wasn't for us!

nc4dm
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Dining Not Rated

Wasn't for us!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Brisbane

(Honeymooners) My husband and I were supposed to do the great barrier reef discovery cruise but due to cyclone Ita it had to be changed.

We disembarked from Brisbane and went to Sydney, Newcastle and Morton Island. For 7 nights I found this a bit boring! We obviously wanted to go somewhere a bit more romantic which obviously wasn’t the cruise lines fault that we had to change. It was just disappointing we weren’t given the option to rebook at a later date. So we choose to give it a go as everyone says cruises are so much fun and you will just love being on the ship!

This wasn’t the case for us! We had a balcony room which was ok. Still small and the bathroom is very tiny and dangerous if you fall. Our first sea day was very rough. We woke up during the night with the bed rocking and the walls creaking. My husband and I took sea sickness tablets every day but he did spend the first day very sick! The whole time when at sea I felt dizzy and just More wanted to lie down. I found all you all day is wait around to eat! The movies on the deck on the big screen were disappointing as all the sunbathing lounges would fill up quick and then you wouldn’t be able to watch the movie unless you stand! Also the sun glare is so painful on the screen if you don’t have sunglasses on. It would be better if the movies were also being played in the Marquee theatre at the same time. We ate at the plantation as the waterfront was always booked up every time I tried to book there. Breakfast was great at the plantation! They had a big variety! Lunch was fine but dinner was quite bland and boring.

Room service was great! We did that twice and we had wedges which were only $6! And plenty for 2 people.

We treated ourselves to a couples message $360!! It was very expensive but we really did enjoy it. Very relaxing!

The staff are such hard workers! I really felt bad for a lot of them. It would be nice to see them get a break and just enjoy themselves. I felt uncomfortable at times making them waiter over me when they have been doing such long hard days.

I think the cruise is great if you have children and they can be fully entertained while you can have a break and relax. Or if your travelling with a bunch of friends and you like the party life.

If your like my husband and I, and are happiest when cuddling at home watching movies then you may not enjoy it as much. Less

Read more Pacific Dawn cruise reviews >>