Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by gingko3: Very relaxing cruise

Very relaxing cruise

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

This was our first cruise with Regent and hopefully the first of many more. We spent one night in Venice and stayed at the well placed Monaco Hotel. The food there was excellent. The art work is very unusual and the display they created for Holy Saturday was quite stunning. Check in on board was very quickly completed. We were served champagne immediately and after a light lunch we were able to go to our suite. There had been a refurbishment, so everywhere looked very smart.

My main wish for the cruise was to visit Ravenna and we accomplished this. I use a wheelchair so the European cobbled roads and terrible pavements are a nightmare, so I had no intention of doing many trips. I had visited all the destinations several times before - with the exception of Durres - and I guessed that would not be wheelchair friendly. My husband went on a trip most days and said they were comprehensive and well organised.

The food on board was excellent and met our expectations. We do More not drink much, but there was an excellent choice of every type of alcohol and the wine served at meal times was uniformly good.

The main difference for us was the quiet ambience. Minimum of announcements. We also enjoyed the latest films on demand in the suite. There is a small library and a DVD library. We enjoyed Coffee Connections for excellent coffee and light lunches.

Service on board was unobtrusive, friendly and efficient.

The Jean Ann Ryan cirque show was outstanding.

We stayed two nights at the Westin Excelsior, Via Veneto in Rome. This hotel is very close to the Borghese gardens which was one area of Rome we did not know well, so it was perfect. The suite was superb and the food in the Doney restaurant was excellent.

Our transfers to the airport were excellent. The airport was experiencing a bad day due to many returning visitors from the Papal canonisations on the Sunday. Anyway lovely flight home - rested and relaxed. Less

Read more Seven Seas Mariner cruise reviews >>