Celebrity Century Cruise Review by Swansforever: Fantastic itinerary, lovely ship.

Swansforever
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century USA Cruises

Fantastic itinerary, lovely ship.

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Los Angeles

My husband and I took this cruise twice, B2B so this review is an amalgamation of both cruises. They were both basically the same with slight variations in entertainers, much better weather on the second cruise and a different Captain. But our enjoyment of the two cruises was the same.

As mentioned in my title, the itinerary is wonderful. We visited charming ports along this interesting section of the Californian Coast. We liked them all ( even Ensenada was OK as we did a ship's excursion) and Santa Barbara is a particularly beautiful town. And of course San Francisco is great (even in the rain!) As several people on the cruises remarked to us, it would have cost more to drive to and stay at all these destinations in prime locations.

The Century itself is a charming ship. I felt it was still in very good condition. A little cosmetic wear and tear but nothing that would affect one's enjoyment at all.

We had a Concierge balcony cabin on Deck 9. It was More smallish, but perfectly adequate with plenty of storage. Our cabin attendant John was friendly and kept the cabin spotless.

The food was uniformly excellent. We ate dinners in the main dining room, breakfasts in the Aqua Spa Cafe and usually had lunches on shore. Melanie, who made our green drinks every morning in the Aqua spa cafe was always helpful and friendly. My only small criticism is that the Aqua Spa Cafe is freezing and I needed to wear a coat to breakfast! The Cova Cafe is great for cappuccinos and the girls who served us were always charming.

The entertainment was generally pretty good with the standout being the 4 pm show put on by the singers, dance captain and production manager in which they sang songs of their own choice.

John, the cruise director was fun.

I didn't use the gym but there seemed to be plenty of free classes on offer.

The staff on this ship are particularly friendly and visible - you see them everywhere. This could be a function of what I feel is one of the best assets of this ship - it's size. It is not too big and never seemed crowded. We only had to wait for anything a couple of times - once for a tender and once for a dinner seating on the first night. And by the way, I would like to mention Tanesha, who did the seating for Select Dining. She was very friendly and helpful and always gave us great table mates. She even remembered our names and cabin number after the first night - very impressive.

Overall we had two wonderful cruises. To those reading negative reviews and hesitating to go on the Century, rest assured it is a great ship. We have already booked to go on her again in November. Celebrity continues to impress us and we feel very valued as customers. Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Century 9112

This cabin was fine. no noise.