“Mostly Positive”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We found getting on and off the ship easy and stress free. This was our first cruise and therefore we were uncertain was to expect. Whilst the ship's facilities were positive and the activity schedule appeared to cater for various entertainment options, I did find initially there was a lack of information, I felt as if I could do with a mini guide to cruising to help when I initially got on the ship. Day's 2 and 3 were better as we then had a newspaper that listed activities.

In regard to food, unfortunately, I was generally disappointed. We were on second sitting, which meant that we were eating at 8.30pm, we arrived at 8.26pm on the first evening to be turned away. The food lacked imagination and flare. It is very bulk standard as was the service. They clearly wanted to rush us, so they could finish work, which was not create a pleasant experience. On the third night, I upgraded to a paid for restaurant, which was better, although still a long way from fine dining but the service was much improved.

Our cabin was clean and adequate and our cabin assistant, helpful and friendly as were the staff in the casino and those taking photos, in the cinema and reception. The staff that unfortunately let the side down were the bar and catering team.

Generally, overall I enjoyed the experience but for us, now we have been once, we would be more informed of what may suit us moving forward and will try a different cruise line in order to compare.

Aurora Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

C135
We were happy with the room, the bed was comfortable and it was kept clean and tidy.

City Tour

Well organised, the tour guide was helpful and friendly and this tour gave us time in the afternoon to do some shopping and find our perfect place for lunch.

Published 05/12/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Aurora Review
Aurora Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?