Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by KittyMeowit

Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: KittyMeowit
Cruise Date: April 2014

Eastern Caribbean - Sun and Sand!

Embarkation: I had done a back to back cruise (this was my second) so a little after everyone else left the cruise ship the folks doing back to back gathered in the lobby and a Carnival employee escorted us off, through customs and back on. They also gave me a new ship card. My husband arrived that morning and took the Carnival transfer from Ft Lauderdale airport. He was at port early so had to wait a short time for his zone to be called so he could board the ship. Overall a pretty smooth process.

Ship: One of the most beautifully decorated ships we have been on. Common areas were in good shape and it was pretty easy to navigate.

Service: In a word - fantastic. Everyone seemed happy and greeted you when you walked by. Dinio was our cabin steward and took great care of us. Service in the main dining room was also great. Cookie, Iputu and Raizhal were very kind and made our stay fun.

Food: Very good for the most part. Main dining room food was good although I am not crazy about their new menu style. It feels like there aren't as many options and the layout is confusing. Guy's Burger Joint is a really great addition as is the Blue Iguana Cafe. You have to try the Chilius Maximus burger! We did not eat at the buffet but did order room service on a few of the mornings. It was delivered promptly and I was pleased to see that they offered salmon and bagels as one of the options. The fish and chips was also a nice option. The pizza was pretty poor as it has been on every ship I've been on.

Entertainment: This was the worst part of the cruise. You could tell that Carnival really cut their entertainment budget. With the exception of one night the entertainment in the main theater was either performed by the Canival singers and dancers (which we never care to watch) or by the cruise director with audience participation. For example, the Marriage Game used to be an additional entertainment option in a lounge. Now it's the main entertainment in the theater. We did enjoy the comedy stunt show. The cruise director, Brittany, was very hard to listen to. I'm sure she is a very nice person but every time she talks it is in this huge, fake, Moviefone voice. As a fellow cruiser described it "it seemed that she was on a children's TV show" because it was so over the top. The comedians that they had in the Victoria Lounge on most evenings were really good but you must arrive early. The adults only shows were always completely packed. Maybe because there wasn't much else to do?

Fitness: The sport deck was far too windy to run on so I headed to the gym. The good news was that there were plenty of machines open. The bad news is that they were probably open because it is incredibly hot and stuffy in the gym. I was sweating and uncomfortable before even working out!

Shore Excursions: I booked all of our excursions independently and was pleased with our results.

Debarkation: Possibly the fastest and smoothest we have seen.

Publication Date: 05/11/14