Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by deerosa22

Cruise Date: April 2014
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Epic was a BLAST! Don't let these other picky people scare you

Oh my goodness I have never read so many picky reviews before a cruise!

Listen if you are an easy going/fun-loving person just looking to do whatever you want on your vacation and have a great time then the Epic is a great fit for you. The food is AMAZING! I have been on Carnival, RCL, and Celebrity with over 9 cruises under my belt and this was our first NCL experience, we were so impressed by the food. We are also extreme foodies so take that into consideration.

Cabins: Okay they are a little smaller inside, but the balconies are the largest we have seen at sea. Also it has the most storage I have seen in any room. We hardly had anything laying out and I felt organized for our week long voyage. The bathroom situation did not bother my husband and I not one bit! Actually the shower is also the largest we have seen in any standard balcony room. You can actually stand in there and turn around and all that. I swear some people just need something to complain about really. Beds were comfy, we had them empty out the mini-fridge on the first day so we could put our own stuff in there :) Stewards were very kind and always there for you.

Food: AWESOME! The best part of this cruise! The food variety even just in the cafe is amazing. They have high quality food and change it every day. Of course there are always the staples, but the main course changed every day. We ate in the main dining room or O'Sheehans almost every night. We dined in La Cucina one night and I had the best Ribeye steak I have had in a longggg time! Service was wonderful. Only thing is the main cafe did feel a bit crowded on the first day for lunch (expected), and on sea days for lunch so be prepared for that. The layout could be a bit more spread out, but we didnt let it bother us.

Entertainment: We did the Blue Man and Legends. Blue Man was great just what I expected. Legends was worth seeing only for the Steven Tyler. Katy Perry oh my goodness was so bad. I honestly felt bad for the girl haha. No one was clapping except me trying to make her feel better. If anyone is working for the Epic and reading this seriously take that into consideration. Steve Tyler was so good! Looked and sounded just like him. Easy entry, made our reservations online before hand. They will sell out so do this when you can.

Pools: Okay there was 4 of us in our party (all adults) and we didnt really utilize the pool, a bit crowded with kids. This is like every cruise I have ever been on honestly. All the cruise lines need to make them bigger! But anyways we would go around 6pm and it would be dead! Went on the water slides with no lines and they were a blast!! These are legit water slides people! What an awesome addition at sea. During sea days we would just find a lounger in the shade and read or go play bingo (which we won $168!) and eat haha. I scheduled our shows for sea days which I liked.

Overall we had a blast on the Epic. Take into consideration that yes there are a lot of people on this boat, but if you play it right you wont even notice honestly. Do NOT let these other cranky people scare you! If they wanted a super quiet vacation dont go on a boat with 4000 other people, go to a private resort come on. As long as the boat is super clean ( I am a clean freak! ) and the food is awesome, my vacation expectations are made. Which this one met all of them. Have a blast!!! :)

Publication Date: 05/10/14