Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by PJOZ: Satisfied the Cruise Craving

Satisfied the Cruise Craving

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We enjoyed the cruise. High points:

- Cabin. I upgraded to a suite (our first) which might have been a waste of money except that the sea day was cold and grey so we all hung out in the suite and made the most of it. The bath was nice, although small, the shower was terrible if trying to shower at peak times hardly any pressure. A lot of the drawers etc were out of alignment and hard to use. Balcony great. Loved the extra room and priority embarkation it is going to be hard to go backwards (but we’ll have to!)

- Food. We ate in the dining room for dinner and the sea day brunch, food was generally great. Didn’t like the set out of the American Table menu (I kept missing things as appetizers are not all together etc) but the food itself was good and I looked forward to dinner each night. Dio and our other servers were fabulous.

- Comedy. Both the comedians very funny.

- Ensenada Zip lining at Las Canadas. Not offered through the ship we More booked it ourselves at the port and it was fantastic. Alfredo was our tour guide he was fantastic. You can also drive ATVs and there is a waterslide at Las Canadas. My youngest was 8 and she did all the zip lines and most of the ropes course (you can easily bypass the more difficult ones if you don’t like heights etc). Highly recommend this for families.

- Hasbro game show – loved this show especially since my daughter won it!

Not so high points:

- The Atrium had a distinct sewerage smell the whole cruise. Very unpleasant.

- The formal night was the night after we had spent the day in Ensenada all day. That doesn’t make sense to me we had early dining so it was a big rush to get back from our excursion, get ready and get to dinner (we were late). It would make more sense to me to have it on the sea day.

Overall

We chose this cruise so I could have my cruise fix on our US trip which also included skiing, Disneyland etc. We didn’t have a week to spare and with Princess cancelling the short cruises we really didn’t have a lot of choice if we wanted to do a cruise. I was a bit worried about the older ship, but needn’t have been, although very Vegas it didn’t look very different to the Spirit to me and the pool deck was lovely.

I was also slightly worried about taking the kids on this cruise as we knew it was a spring break cruise and there would be lots of drinking on board – and there was. Obviously there are no drunks at the kids club, Hasbro game show, family comedy etc but it was definitely a party atmosphere around the ship and the kids certainly saw lots of rowdy big groups doing shots, playing drinking games etc (even at 10am!). Wasn’t a major problem for us as we knew what to expect but it was a totally different atmosphere to the longer cruises.

This satisfied my cruise craving and we had a lot of fun. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration U76

Not enormous but a family of four would have been pretty cosy in an outside cabin. No major issues with the cabin. 3 chairs and a small table on the balcony.

Not offered through the ship we booked it ourselves at the port and it was fantastic. Alfredo was our tour guide he was fantastic. You can also drive ATVs and there is a waterslide at Las Canadas. My youngest was 8 and she did all the zip lines and most of the ropes course (you can easily bypass the more difficult ones if you don’t like heights etc). After we did the ziplining we went to the blowhole to look at that and do some shopping. Great day as the ziplining was exctiting but we saw a bit of Mexico too. Highly recommend this for families.

Read 246 Ensenada Reviews