Ventura Cruise Review by Laurencruise: Best cruise yet

1 Post

Best cruise yet

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Barbados

So this was my second time cruising with p&o but my first time in the carribbean.The flights to and from the cruise were faultless and the embarkation was quick and easy.

Entertainment- There was some form of entertainment on most nights and i have to admit they were mostly amazing however during the day there isnt alot going on which i was a bit disapointed in.there wasnt any entertainment around the pools apart from at the sailaway parties at which the deck was too crowded to enjoy it.

service- All the bar staff were excellent and friendly apart from one who seemed to be fine to me but was always blunt and rude to my 14 year old daughter(who wasnt loud or rowdy) which i thought was a bit of a let down to an overall good service.However the same cannot be said about my cabin steward(dulce) who was useless.There were 3 of us in my cabin and yet she only supplied us with 2 towels, therefore we asked for another to be in there however in the end we had to go out to More her trolley and go get one ourselves every morning because she never gave us one.

port-The shore excursions arranged by p&o were amazing and ran smoothly, i would highly reccomend the two reef turtle snorkel as the staff and the excursion itself was exceptionally good.

dining- i went to the resturant twice and was not amazed, the food just never seemed to appeal to me and so we ended up going to the buffet most of the time where there was a much better selection of food which was good except for the lack of fruit during lunch and dinner.

childrens clubs- My 14 year old daughter used the teens club every day and was definately not dissapointed. on the first night there were only 2 other children in the kids club which were both 5 years younger than her but the youthie working at the time(sam) made a big effort to make her feel welcome.on the second day my daughter went to see if any more children of her age had come to the kids club yet and there were a few more children but not any of her age, however sarah(one of the youthies) who had never met lauren before came over and knew lauren by name and age already and really made her feel welcome and comfortable and assured her that some children of her age would turn up soon. when 2 boys her age turned up sarah made an effort to introduce lauren to them and from then on lauren became good friends with them and spent every spare minute in the kids club.The youthies are all really friendly and caring but arent bossy or patronising, they would joke around with the kids and tease them like they were one of them. We were really pleased with all the youth staff she encountered and i would like to give them all credit:

Sam,Abi,Sarah,Lynne,,Danii,Laura, Vicky and Denise, you were all amzing and made laurens cruise experience 100x better.

overall this cruise was amazing and am definately going to go on it again. Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review >>

Cabin review: Ventura 12320

cabin was fine, didnt spend much time there though.