Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by scbwino: Suite Life Heading In The Right Direction

scbwino
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Suite Life Heading In The Right Direction

Sail Date: April 2014

Right from the beginning there was a noticeable improvement in treatment and service. After a quick check-in we were quickly escorted to the Michael's VIP lounge where the concierge, Rachel, immediately apologized for the number of people in the lounge and assured us that it would not be that crowded(which didn't seem too bad to us) the rest of the voyage. Right then we knew this would be an altogether different Celebrity cruise. Not only were we impressed with Rachel, who we used for multiple requests, but all of the VIP staff seemed to strive for a personalized but professional relationship with all four of us. The lounge is said to be available at all hours and from what we could tell, it was. Waters, soft drinks, teas, coffee, espresso, beers and with or without the bartender, adult drinks. In fact, other that asking for an expensive bottle of wine or booze, they seemed willing to get pretty much anything we asked for. I don't remember much about the food except that we really More liked the cone shaped bread. The other nice feature of the VIP lounge are the occasional "special events" where they have music and the ships senior officers stop by and spend some time with the guests in the lounge.

The other noticeable improvement was what was available to us in the PS stateroom. For afternoon snacking; our butler seemed willing to bring us a nice variety of food. From large bowls of pretty good shrimp to large cheese plates to large meat platters to chocolate covered strawberries to caramel covered apples. We have never had this kind of selection before in any of the other Penthouse and Royal suites we have sailed in on Celebrity. Another improvement, for me anyway, was in the selection of wine available in the stateroom: 3 bottles of white, 3 bottles of red and two real bottles of champagne. Of course, you still have to pay for them. I have pictures of Michael's lounge and the stateroom that I will post on the Celebrity once I can sort thru them.

Between the stateroom and the VIP lounge, I don't remember too much else about the cruise other than

there were 1080 passengers signed up for Select Dining and the staff was overwhelmed; it was not a good experience. We will wait until Suite Dinning is available in April 2015 before we take our next Celebrity cruise. I will not miss the main dining room. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>