Disney Dream Cruise Review by Irisheyesterry

Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Let me just start by saying I always read Cruise Critics before booking a cruise. There is always that one person who did not have a good time or they found something terribly wrong with the ship when the rest of the reviews were great. I never understood why that one person had such a terrible time. Well now I understand…. I am that one person. (We did speak with people who did this cruise and traveled without children who enjoyed it.)

GOOD - Getting on the ship is easy and quick

UGLY - Cabin: Terrible. Not clean. Decorative pillow and blanket on had discussing stains. Toilet seat broken AND I mean broken. Screw on bathroom door almost cut my finger it was so far out of place. Refrigerator not clean. The glass picture above the couch looked like my dog’s noise went all over it and the chest in front of the couch along with the couch had chocolate ice cream drippings here and there. When my husband went to turn on the lights one of them blew which blew out all the electric outlets in the room. Also, when I went out to sit on the balcony to get away from my husband who was fit to be tided when I sat down to look out at the ocean the view or should I say lack of view all I could see was masking tape from repairs which must have been done. I started to peel off the tape from the glass when my husband saw it. Another phone call made to customer service. Now this is our 4th call in 3 hours. We went to dinner and when we returned not only was the tape not removed but out little table which is in the middle of the balcony was gone! We got the tape removed on day 2 and the table back on day 3. Why the table was taken is still a mystery. For all we had to put up with the Cabin we got a bottle of Wine on day 4 and lots and lots of apologies. NOT GOOD ENOUGH DISNEY! NOT FOR THE PRICE YOU CHARGE!

GOOD - The size of the cabin is good and so was the split bathroom. Lots of storage.

GOOD - Food was great throughout the ship.

BAD - Drinks on the expensive side trying to make up for all the kids who don’t drink!!!! (lol).

BAD - The adult section of the ship is not that good. Pool is very very small. And the bartenders try and push you to order the expensive liquor.

BAD – TOOOOOOO MANY KIDS. We dined with other adults. Could not hear yourself talk at the table. Thank god the food was good.

GOOD - Castaway Cove – Wonderful. Beautiful Island….. Water terrific. Lots to do. BBQ great! This was the highlight of our trip.

GOOD – On the last night the Pirate show was wonderful.

GOOD - Departing the ship was easy and quick.

Lesson Learned – Never cruise on Disney again! We will travel on Princess and Holland American like we always do. Maybe even try Celebrity.

Publication Date: 05/08/14