Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Unca Pete: Great experience!

Unca Pete
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great experience!

Sail Date: November 2013

This will be a short review.  We had a handicapped balcony room, and it was very spacious! My wife rented an electric scooter, and the room could have handled TWO of them without a problem!

We had an outside balcony--this gives a bit more privacy than the inward looking balcony rooms. It was worth the extra cost.

Dining: we only did the Windjammer on a few occasions, and enjoyed the main dining room each evening. The food was good, but NOT exceptional. Nothing compared to what we experienced on Holland America the year before. Service was prompt and efficient. The food was well prepared, and there were good menu options. I just felt that the more expensive fares have been dropped to save a few bucks, and to force diners into the optional restaurant offerings.

The shows are tightly scheduled, and I strongly suggest booking showtime reservations as soon as they are available on line!! Once you're on board, you will have to take available seating that is More available ten minutes before show times! Don't delay booking show times on line!!!

Embarkation and disembarkation were extremely efficient!! Don't let the size of the ship deter you! It is big, but they know how to handle passengers! It is impossible to get lost on the ship once you understand how to navigation the ship using the electronic guides on each floor by the elevator, and the room coding system. Excellent job, RC!

Ports: Western Caribbean ports are the same, regardless of the cruise line. At one port there were seven ships docked!!! We didn't bother leaving the ship!

Decor: I find RC ships to be rather spartan and bland. However, the ship was well maintained and very clean. I've sailed on RC in the past, and I would look forward to cruising with them again. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>