Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by sparkers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by sparkers
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: sparkers
Cruise Date: April 2014
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Most relaxing cruise ever! For a reason:)

My husband and I sailed on the Reflection during the week of Easter. We had a balcony cabin located on deck 10 in the center. We went with the concierge class for this trip. I have been on approximately over 25 cruises all over the world but have not cruised for the last 5 years.

When you first walk on you are greeted with a small welcome beverage. Everything was well organized and went smoothly. My title for this review reflects the lack of activities available on the ship. Cup half full version: There was so little offered that you had no choice but to relax! Cup half empty version: The few fitness classes offered charged $ and only allowed a small number of people to sign up. If you were not there when they put the sign up sheet you were out of luck. I never did luck out with this even when I went at 7:30 a.m. They only have a very small room for fitness classes which is why only a small number can participate. Really amazing when you consider the number of passengers for this ship! Do not plan on doing this like I did since it becomes luck and strategy to get into one in the first place!

I did try to join the make a wire bead bracelet class. I was 5 minutes late because I went to the wrong end of the ship. When I did get there I was told sorry you were late I gave your seat away!!!! This alone tells you how little there was to do. I never did make my free bracelet but then after I was scolded I had no desire. Even the line for the $39.00 bingo was long and people lined up over 30 minutes early. Really? I only did this once.

So, who do I think this cruise would be a good match for?

All you want to do is relax!

If you want more then you should choose a different cruise line. The Royal Caribbean Oasis followed us from port to port. What do people do when in port with another line ....they ask and compare. Everyone we spoke to was happy with the choices and options on this ship. Many would say they spoke with others from our ship and everyone they spoke to mentioned the lack of activities.

Now I will say my husband loved the fact that there wasn't much to do. We haven't played backgammon in ? years. Would he take another Celebrity Cruise? Yes Would I? Only a short one:)

Publication Date: 05/08/14