AmaDolce Cruise Review by NancyCue

Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: B
See More About: AmaDolce Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | AmaWaterways Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: AmaDolce Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Tulip delights

We had a delightful time on our first river cruise. I was somewhat nervous about river cruising as I love the sense of expansiveness with ocean cruising. I absolutely loved the simplicity of getting on and off the smaller ship and I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The cruise manager, Nick Hartog was amazing: knowledgeable, helpful, and great at handling the myriad of details in making the cruise run smoothly. I appreciated his dry sense of humour. Also, the food was first rate. The room was amongst the best appointed I have experienced (about 10 ocean cruises ranging from ocean view to suite). The pianist who played every day was tremendous.

One suggestion I would make is to have some covered area on the sundeck. My husband is a smoker and he said that it was really windy whenever he went for a smoke. Also, my husband said the treadmill was very noisy.

The daily excursions are a more integral part of the river cruising compared to ocean cruising. If someone is looking for lots of on board stimulation they are probably better off taking an ocean cruise. Otherwise, I highly recommend river cruising and AMAwaterways.

Publication Date: 05/08/14
More AmaDolce Cruise Reviews

Read the previous AmaDolce review Read the next AmaDolce review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Reviews
Penny Pinching P&O
Not For Me
ALL OUR LUGGAGE STOLEN FROM...

More Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews