Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by VictoriaCR: Wouldn't sail the Millennium again in a thousand millennia.

VictoriaCR
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Asia Cruises

Wouldn't sail the Millennium again in a thousand millennia.

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Hong Kong

We have sailed Celebrity in the past and thought most of the ships were fairly similar. Not so with The Millennium. This ship was not in "ship shape", the food was mediocre at best. the level of service is not on par with the solstice class ships and a Norovirus outbreak just added to the misery.

We had problems from the start with our key cards and security. Spent three hours standing in lines our first day onboard. Because of the Norovirus, we weren't allowed to help ourselves to anything (not in the buffet, couldn't get our own drinks, couldn't handle salt, pepper, creamer, ketchup, mustard, etc.). Super inconvenient and made all the lines longer (and I'm sure didn't make the crew any happier than it made us).

Our toilets were broken, our A/C and heater didn't work and we kept getting woken up by Guest Relations or security with stupid questions or non-issues. One morning I was awakened at 6:15 am because they told me my 14 year old son was not on the ship (even More though I could see him sleeping in my room). The next morning I was woken up so they could tell me they were not going to give me my Share Holder Benefit despite the fact I was told I would receive it at the time I booked this cruise. Because I was not allowed to sleep, I ended up getting bronchitis and couldn't get up for 5 days. The guest relations manager was sweet but clearly overworked and was tired of hearing the constant stream of complaints from unhappy guests. I felt sorry for her even though I knew she didn't want to hear how miserable the cruise was for us.

Unlike the Solstice class ships, the movies available are mostly pay-per-view. Seemed like there were upcharges for everything onboard. They even charged extra for the Zumba class. The European officers were dismissive towards the Asian guests though the Filipino crew was very friendly and helpful. I'm not sure if Celebrity standards have dropped of If it's just low on The Millennium. This was a very, very disappointing cruise for us. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>