Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by lephant

Member Name: lephant
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

What I thought of the cruise - not good and totally disappointed

I found that the cruise did not meet my expectations. I cruised in Feb 2014 with P & O cruises and had the best time ever, I decided to try Carnival cruises as it advertised that it offered more than P & O. I was extremelly disappointed,. There was no big opening party to get excited about,The same food was served every day in the Buffet, They ran out of peppermint tea by the third day. The bar did not have all the lists of port wines stated on the alcohol menu. The agenda of things to do each day was not very good. e.g. one movie every day (P & O offered up to four a day) I ran out if time to do things on the P & O cruise, This cruise I was getting bored, and this was only on the third day

Dancing was only available in a very small room and the band provided I wouldnt think was the best. The last day of the cruise there was no entertainment after the carnival legends show except in the casino by a one man band.

Fortunately I love to sing karaoke and did get to sing a lot of songs but due to poor organisation of rooms one night (Karaoke and the band were both stated to be on at the same time in the Cool room , karaoke was moved to the comedy room and they refused to set up the bar so people would not come in to listen as 1) they didnt know where the karaoke was moved to

2) When eventually found the right room, they woudnt stay if they couldnt drink

Why take us to Nomea on a sunday when all the shops are closed???? As Mystery Island and Lifou would have provided market stalls every day it would have made sense to go to Nomea on a Friday or Saturday or made arrangements with the shopkeepers to open on that Sunday especially with two cruise ships in with almost 5000 people.

This experience has made my husband & i rethink ever sailing again with Carnival cruises.

To add to my comments any correspondence that was emailed prior to the cruise was sent to my email address and stated my husband;s name only.

When I contacted Carnival cruises in regards to this they stated that it was emailed to the first person registered. Hello... that was me, not my husband. What is with your Carnival Cruises? Femaies are not important???? Then they blamed my travel agent. Hello again....... My agent does not work for Carnival cruises and could not send the emails.

Publication Date: 05/07/14